Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Word for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Allow blank borders to be saved on normal.dotm for word

Allow blank borders to be saved on normal.dotm for word

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back the old spell check please!!

I just purchased Word 2019 (previously had Word 2010). Oh my goodness, what have you done? Please bring back the old spell check. Editor takes forever. I can't fix the words in the box that spell check had and have to go over to my document from Editor pane to do so. And so many other things. What were you guys thinking? If you want to create options for writers than create a Word for Wirters. Thank you for you time and consideration. Please add a fix ASAP!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option to post word docs as live note type icons on desktop.

I use word to write a lot of papers. All docs are accessible through opening word. This one way of opening a document is antiquated. Documents should also be saved as live images on the desktop as icons. For example, on an android phone (Samsung note) a note can be saved on the home screen as a live image icon and not just an stagnant icon. In addition, windows has live tiles but are not used often. Translate live tiles to the desktop, along with making word docs savable as living icons that can be saved on the desktop with…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Find and Find and Replace features stop redirecting to previous searches

The "Find" and "Find and Replace" features have an issue. It would be awesome to see it fixed because I use these features often. Easiest explanation is an example:

If I use the "Find" feature and search "apple", it works great and I can see all 30 instances of "apple".

I make edits on page 10 then click the X on the "Find" window and resume my work on page 54.

The next time I use the "Find" feature, it will automatically open with the previous results from "apple" and bring me back to page 10. I've wasted a lot…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make Word simpiler

Make Word for Windows (Desktop Application) easier to use for the average person. My first suggestion is to simplify things. A good program can be easily figured out without spending several hours googling or watching tutorials. I am a college student, and even I am overwhelmed by the number of options in Word. My second suggestion is to get data from users about the first things they do when they open up a Word document. For me, it is enable editing, which I shouldn't even have to do and rename the document, which should just be a single click. Instead,…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. How to enter a space at the end of a word to achieve automatic line wrapping ?

After entering a space, it exceeds the page boundary or there is no line break. How to set automatic line break?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teach Syllable Division New Words

At the moment, Word doesn't divide unknown words or names at all. One can use the manual divison, but that's no big help in case one uses that word a lot within a bigger text document!

In this case, it would be great to have the opportunity to "teach" syllable division a new word including the correct divisions!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pagination

Allow user to designate pagination accordingly: Page no. to appear on Printed page no. .

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a search bar for the tools in the ribbon

Some people are forgetting where are the tools they want, and see them really important. It is really useful since people affected by Alzheimer's find it hard to work on Word.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Word will no longer print envelopes.

Something has changed in Word Office 365 than I can no longer print envelopes. My printer is ok because I am able to print envelopes using WordPerfect v6.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow for a comma before a conjunction in a compound verb when preceeded by a compound object.

My work requires written reports of actions taken by individuals, so I find myself often using compound verbs to reduce the number of short, similar sentences; e.g., "The employee x'ed. The employee y'ed" becomes "The employee x'ed and y'ed." Occasionally, the object of the first verb is different than the second but should not be switched due to chronological order; e.g., "The employee x'ed a. The employee y'ed b" becomes "The employee x'ed a and y'ed b." This causes a problem when the object of the first verb is compound, as there is in most grammar styles an option for…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. clipboard images have access to all format options including the ribbon format tools

When pasting an image from the clipboard, have it enable the Picture Format context menu on the ribbon so the crop, rotate and all other tools are available from the ribbon. Currently you don't always have this capability and sometimes are required to save an image and bring it in to have these options.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 501 502 503 505 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base