Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Word for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Quick-function for comparison between original and automatically recreated documents

I would like a quick-function for comparison between the original document and the ones which Office has automatically recreated.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Righ click orientation change of current page only

I would like to be able to right click on a page and change the orientation of that page to Portrait or Landscape without affecting the rest of the document

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow two or more languages to be corrected at the same time

I have been using Word for years to write essays, presentations, etc; and as far as I'm aware, it does not seem to be possible to add multiple languages as the spelling-checker. I find myself, and just like probably many other people, to be writing stuff like taking notes, in two languages sometimes, and everytime I must select the text and put the right language in the spelling checker settings, which takes me useless time and could definitely be improved. Hence, my suggestion is to add some kind of 'multiple language spelling checker' option which would allow us to write…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Selecting of a word/phrase without selecting the space or paragraph mark, so properties are not carried beyond, such as bold text, etc

Allow selecting of a word or phrase without selecting the paragraph mark or empty space mark that follows, so properties of the selection are not carried beyond the selection, such as bold text, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Restore Spellcheck options

Can you please restore the Change All and Undo options to Spellchecker? Why not just add these to the list, under Ignore All etc? It is completely incomprehensible why you removed these one click options. Now I have to do an extra click to get to Change All and the Undo option is simply unavailable. You just seem to change things for change's sake.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. APA format has been updated as of a few weeks ago i would suggest looking it over because many things have changed.

APA format has been updated as of a few weeks ago i would suggest looking it over because many things have changed. Such as there is no running head on the title page the title page consiste of mor identifying titles after the university you are going to feel free to contact me if you would like here is the link for the changes. https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines/paper-format

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The area off of the page could be used for notes.

When writing sometimes I have ideas or notes that I want to remain in the frame. would be nice to use the extra space for notes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. PLEASE INCREASE CREAT TEXT BOX LINK QUNTITY IN WORD APPLICATION; Selection Pane : Add Feature all selection, objects and text box one click

(1) MS-Word problem in text box Create Link After 32 Text Box Link.
    Text box create link only 32 text box data extend link, not a sufficient link quantity in word document, Please extend text box feature create Link Quantity minimum 100 text box Linked.
    (2) Selection Pane : Add Feature all selection, objects and text box after one click selection. Add Dual Mode Selection : (a) All Objects Selection (b) All Text Box Selection.....Please improve word application feature
    My 10 Years Application testing Experience in MS-Word.
    Thanks & Regards
    Surendra
    MS-office Executive (INDIA)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Word status bar

In a recent update, the behavior of my Word status bar was changed. The font got bigger, but the field size did not, so now the text is being cut off. For example, instead of "Page 120 of 295", now I can only see "Page 120 of 29". How to fix this?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sticky phrases

I find I am tired of figuring which things are "sticky" and just how, and also of going through a documnent trying to replace "-" and certain spaces with the old "sticky" versions so words stay together. Especially since those don't actually seem to work anymore. But regardless...

I'd like a command to make any chosen, highlighted set of characters "sticky": not to just be treated as a word with potential hyphenation being assigned in it if near the end of a line, but kept together period in all circumstances.

Just that: kept together, period. Nothing more, nothing less. Not…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. A shortcut key or stroke to insert the date

Use Alt or Ctrl + a key stroke to insert the date into documents. This use to be available a few versions back but it no longer is.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Symbols | Character Map Favourites Selection

Currently when loading symbols it shows your most recently used. It would be nice to select ones own "favourite symbols" template with our own number to show from the symbols menu, so that we don't have to open the character map and get lost to try and find a symbol over and over again.

PS: my laptop doesn't have a numpad so learning all the ASCII codes off by heart would not work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. MAKE IT FREE

MAKE IT FREE THERE ARE SOME OTHER PEOPLE WHO CANT AFORD SUCH PRICE OF IT AND THEY NEED IT FOR DAILY USE

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please Please Please can we have another sans serif font with a single storey a /g

Research suggests that people with literacy difficulties generally find sans serif fonts with a 'single storey' a / g easier to read. The only option on Windows applications at present is Century Gothic which is widely spaced - impacting on readability. Please please can you introduce another (more easily readable / more closely spaced) font across Windows which will make it easier to improve access for, and respect the rights of people with literacy difficulties / learning disabilities.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Excel spreadsheet embedded in a Word document cannot be edited

Running into a problem with Excel spreadsheet embedded in a Word document. Unable to edit the spreadsheet after the document has been saved

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Table conversion

I sometimes take a list of email addresses from Excel and put them into Word to use in Outlook. I want to convert the table into text separated by a semi-colon. There is an option in Word to do this, but nothing is inserted. I have to Find the line breaks and Replace. Please fix

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. insert should have date option

When I go to the Insert options, I don't see date there. I may be missing something, but it will be nice for that to be conspicuous.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. please,increase copy clipboard of one item to more...

in work with word , often used copy&paste .but if number of copy items be more than one item , we have to copy&paste one item and then copy&paste of another item that use more, and repeat this process . if there be in the clipboard ,special paste icon for more used items , number of boring copy are decrease.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base