Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Word for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Problem Silbentrennung (Word 2016, "manuell")

Diese Funktionen liefen problemlos vor dem Update auf Word 2016!
    Folgende Probleme treten mit Word 2016 auf:
    - Silbentrennzone ist nicht mehr einstellbar
    - die manuelle Silbentrennung trennt nach Start/schläg nach Start zunächst das erste trennbare Wort (vor), weitere Wörter werden nicht getrennt
    - wird die manuelle Silbentrennung im gleichen Dokument wieder gestartet, wird das nächste trennbare Word vorgeschlagen (usw.!)

- die automatische Silbentrennung trennt alle Wörter direkt und vollständig im gesamten Dokument

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Word color schemes

Can Microsoft change the choices of blue or silver color choices to maybe black and white? I have macular degeneration and find it so difficult to navigate the menues.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Drag and drop image from Live Photo Gallery

For some time, it was possible to drag and drop an image from Live Photo Gallery into an open Word document. This no longer works in Word 2013. If you try it, a cursor appears in the docx file, but if you release the mouse, nothing is pasted into Word.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. TABLE GRIDELINES

At one time, one could change the colors of the Table Gridlines on earlier MS versions -- I had some that were light blue -- that helped contrasted between various lines. Today working with word tables (Home and Office 2013, MS Windows 8.1), that option isn't allowed. If the opportunity exists, allowing that option would be most helpful. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. "Insert Caption" Font Size Bug

I'm running Office 2016 on Windows 10, Surface Pro 4. When I click "Insert Caption, the window that appears has the caption text far too small to read on the high-res screen. The other fields in the window are normal size. See this screenshot: http://imgur.com/NK2X4Bd.

This behavior is the same regardless of what type of caption (figure, table, etc.) I insert, and regardless of the font size of the "Caption" style. Please help!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. HAVING AUTOMATED BACKUP OF WHATERVR ONE MAY BE WORKING ON THAT ACTUALLY WORKS !

HAVING A SEARCH ACCESS TO RECOVER ITEMS BEING WORKED ON THAT JUST DISAPPEAR HAVE NOT BEEN AUTOMATICALLY SAVED AND NEED TO BE RECOVERED! PLEase

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Autocorrect Option

You should try making misspelling turn into a auto-correction form of the word that they were attempting to spell. Rather than having them go back and waste time to change the spelling on their own or right clicking

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I could'nt see my e-bill?

it should open easily.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Keep File menu items in the same order in new versions.

Don’t move “Close” to a new position from underneath “Open” - very confusing switching from Word 2010 at home to Word 2016 at work and these items are completely rearranged FOR NO APPARENT REASON! Keep things consistent in new version, PLEASE!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Edmodo cannot show the slides

It shows that Microsoft ran into a problem opening this document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Breaks" menu

Currently the "Breaks" menu is on the "Page Layout" tab. It would be more logical to have it on the "Insert" tab, where it is already possible to "insert" a page break.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow reporting of inappropriate clipart inside Word

When you discover an inappropriate clipart image inside of Office applications, you have to exit the application, launch Internet Explorer, and use BING to find the image so that you can report it to Microsoft for review, It would be much simpler to provide the ability to report these items directly from the Insert Picture functionality in the Office applications.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1) drag/double-click/start the selection 2) jump to a heading on the navigation pane 3) shift-click/complete the selection range

Is it possible to start a text selection, jump to another page without moving the caret, and then end the selection range?

If I use the navigation pane, or the "Go to" command, the caret moves, and my contiguous text selection is cancelled.
    Dragging the vertical scroll-bar, or using the scroll wheel will move the view-port without moving the caret, but these methods are slower and more tedious.

I just wish that I could:

1) drag/double-click/start the selection
    2) jump to a heading on the navigation pane
    3) shift-click/complete the selection range

Using the navigation pane to jump from one…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'd like to be able to make the document bigger. Sometimes the print is small and it'd be nice to see it more easily.

I'd like to be able to enlarge the document. Sometimes the print is small and it'd be nice to see it more easily.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. There are many people that want office

There and many people that want office and those people including me have to pay 60 dollars per year. There should be a kind of product key where we can have a lifetime working product key.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Table column width

Table row height can be specified to be "at least" or "exactly" the specified value.

Table column with can only be specified as a "preferred" width, which can change depending on the content (in Word 2010). It would be great if the width could be constrained to an "exact" specified value.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Drop-down arrows

Please replace the tiny little drop-down arrows in each group with a wide, solid bar across the bottom.

With today's high-res screens, those little arrows are the size of a fly's bottom :)!!!!!!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Strange issues in Word 2016 comparing to Word 2013 regrading to unicode bi-directional control characters handeling in a RTL language

Hi. This is a somewhat complex problem which requires some screenshots for better understanding. As i do not see a way to properly do this here, I'm going to link to the complete issue which i raised at the support forum:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/a64827ee-4e46-4ef1-809f-aaa2b7c9e295

Best Regards,
    Jack

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to create new proofing tools for a new language

I often work with old, extinct languages, and constructed languages. I would like there to be a tool for Word that would allow me to create proofing tools for languages such as Middle High German, Old English, Latin, and even "Niw Englisc." I need to be able to specify letters, accent marks, declensions, grammar, inflections, sorting order, boustrephedon-style typing, and so on, but there is no publicly available way to do this.

My request is simple: release proofing tools developer toolkits that are easily usable by the public so we can create proofing tools for languages you don't currently serve.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base