Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Word for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. WordArt

WordArt is showing in search box ("tell me what you want to do"), when I type "WordArt" in it, but it's don't work when I am trying to select one of font styles

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Background Image Removal

Please add that feature like in PowerPoint. :P

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Lost three days of work thanks to your ineffective autosave feature. Moving to the ever trusted Google Docs. Thank you for nothing MS.

When I use Google Docs. I care little to how I logged out. I know my work will be there regardless of what device I use. I had the misfortune of writing my Master Thesis Proposal on MS Office. I was almost done and preparing my bibliography when the laptop battery died on me. Upon return. Nothing was saved. I had SAVEDAS the document so there was a RECOVERY file that had NOTHING in it. I lost 3 days of writing hours before my deadline. Bye MS Office forever. I am not touching you ever again, and i know you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. THE ENTIRE SYSTEM AS MICROSOFT CALLED INTERNET, MUST NOT BE INTERUPTED AT ALL. READ-ONLY FOR E.G. DOES NOT WORK OUT. BECAUSE INTERNET FOR

BECAUSE INTERNET FOR MS PROGRAMS WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, ALL DO NOT WORK, TOTALLY TURNED OFF, THIS IS NOT A TYPEWRITER; NOT THAT TYPEWRITER FUNCTIONS MORE. ALL THE ESPIONAGE WITH DIRTY AND FUNNY REASONS OF IGNORANCE, MUST BE GETTING REMOVED.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I got a feature on One system that is not on the rest and I would like to make it work on them too.

On my last install of office 365, out of 4 systems, one of them now offers a much more in-depth set of options for misspelled words in ALL Desktop Office Apps.

It doesn't appear to be anything like a grammar check. If a word is misspelled and has the red squiggly line, right clicking it offers several possible spelling PLUS each has a short dictionary-like script to explain the use of that spelling. An additional another arrow will open more options to "add to auto correct" as well as "read aloud".!

This is great stuff!!

But I cannot do anything…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Smart suggestions

Just a quick suggestion for an improvement to office.... I always struggle getting short cut keys to perform tasks in Word quickly. e.g. if I want to highlight text - it would be great if I knew what keys to press to make that happen. This is just an example... I'm now aware control alt H does this. Can Microsoft track what actions we perform a lot and then suggest short cuts we should be aware of? It would save me time. I'll put up with the privacy intrusion for that...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I have a cell phone and tablet that has multi-window functionality. Unfortunally the Microsoft Word app is not compatible.

Make the android Microsoft Word app to be compatible with Samsung multi-window. please, thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Grammar errors in Office Support for 2016 article

Ironically, there are grammar errors in your article titled "What's new in Word 2016 for Windows":

• Incorrect Verb Form after Auxiliary Targets an incorrect verb form after an auxiliary verb. Use teh correct verb form after an auxiliary verb (verbs that describe a person, number, mood, tense, etc). Example: They had ate by the time she arrived would be corrected to They had eaten by the time she arrived. (should be the, not teh)
    • Possessives and Plural Forms Targets the incorrect use of Possessive and Plural forms. Possessive nouns require an apostrophe. The possessive pronoun "its" does not;…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. good

it is the useful so i can ask this one right now

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Cell keep with next rows in tables

You can use the paragraph option but it doesn't work

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Less glitchy switching between Word document and integrated Excel sheet

Currently if you move the typing cursor outside of a integrated Excel sheet/table the ribbon bar and glitches out for a split second + something else. Just a small thing to make more smooth.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Word viewer equivalent to

PDF is a great idea, but the file sizes compared to the latest Word formats are enormous. You can get Word viewer, but then you also need to install the compatibility pack. Have you considered a simpler one shot installation that one could use like you see the 'Download Adobe PDF here' buttons on websites when a document is published in PDF and the user may not have PDF. Better still just bundle the viewer with the OS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In Set Numbering Value in Word, it would be helpful if the current paragraph number was already selected.

In Set Numbering Value in Word, it would be helpful if the current paragraph number was already selected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. What I found seem a bug while saving a file

When click on Save as button, by default documents get saved in one drive but if we change option to 'Browse' I always get an error popup "Invalid document id" with OK button, when I click on OK button only than I am able to proceed, however it should not happen, I have a screen shot for the same, please let me know how to send?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Immediate access to word files from task bar

When you right-click on the Word icon on the task bar - and the list of recent documents comes up - it should be possible to select a document to attach to an email for dispatch. this used to be available in older versions of Word.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Direct images from web or anything else is pasted in excel, word, please try to resolve this issue now we have doing special-bitmap-ok..

Direct images from web or anything else is pasted in excel, word, please try to resolve this issue now we have doing special-bitmap-ok..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Compound adjectives in grammar checker

Delete if this already exists.

Does the grammar checker look at compound adjectives to advise where or not a hyphen should be used?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base