Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Word for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Lock the navagation pane after I resize it

Once I resize the navigation pane in Word, I'd like it to stay that way for the life of the document, unless I resize it again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give me the option to allow "upgrades" in Word. STOP changing what I have figured out. stop 'fixing' what is not broken. STOP CHANGING WORD.

You change WORD WITH "UPGRADES' WHICH ARE DOWNGRADES. And, I have no choice but to give up a working process for the loss of tools. STOP IT. STOP IT, *******. STOP.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft should sell everything, give up and close the doors. Let someone else try.

The company is so out of touch with their users and how the world works. I wake up and my computer doesn't work because of updates, Office is a joke with all of its issues, Teams isn't secure and can't support policies outside of the parent domain (morons). The original Xbox LOL - biggest tech failure in history! Microsoft has never come up with an original idea - everything they have copied or stolen. Seriously just give up and let a company that knows what they are doing do it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please add the Transcribe option in word for windows

Transcribe option is currently not seen on word for windows, request you to add this feature

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The programme needs to be simpler to use

Users should be able to turn off features they do not require. I find the programme so baroque and over-elaborate that it is almost impossible to use at times with superfluous 'suggestions' flashing up and distracting one from the task in hand. Diolch yn fawr / Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. An intermediate grey for the dark mode which darkens the workbook

Dear reader,
    As I use this new feature that darkens the workbook to match the color of the dark mode in Word, I have found that maybe it would be good to have an option to make your workbook grey instead of making it completely black. Having a grey color workbook would still be good for the eyes and at the same time the page would look more like an actual page in the case that you want to picture how the page will look like when you print it.

Thanks for the attention.
    Hope you all have a great…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. tetapkan microsoft word 2010

tetepkan microsoft word 2010

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cross-References for Figures and Tables must have a Number Only option.

Cross-References for Figures and Tables must have a Number Only option. It is quite awkward when one wants to cross-reference a group of Figures or Tables, and cannot write something like: "From Figures 7 to 11..." Currently, one has to write: "From Figure 7 to Figure 11..."
    I have suggested this several times in the last 10 years. So far no response.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create an interface for users to see ALL implemented and Working on feedbacks

People don't believe that feedbacks are acted on. Some of the web interfaces list 2 or 3 recently implemented, but that is not enough.

Create a link so users can see ALL feedbacks you claim have been implemented for the application.

Create a link so users can see ALL feedbacks that claim are being worked on.

Make it easier for users to see you are listening and acting on their feedback

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. edit the pronunciation in the Read Aloud feature.

Please add editing capacity to the Read Aloud feature. I am so tired of hearing that the road "winds" (like moving air) through the mountains, or that McKerricher is pronounced like "cheese."

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. neues Sonderzeichen für WORD das gespiegelte "B"

Sonderzeichen das gespiegelte "B" aufzunehmen. Dies ist die typische Schreibart für den Namen dieser Band. Es ist uns ABBA Fans leider im Moment nicht möglich, dieses Symbol darzustellen.
    erbitte Antwort unter

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Get an APA 7 format style for a Template

Universities have moved to the updated APA 7 format. I expected more from Microsoft, I guess. As we students are using university Templates rather than seeking out Microsoft Word for support in this area.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Personal Growth

If you are worried about your growth along with career then you need a special treatment. I would like to suggest a post that will help you to take your personality above zero and to maintain it.

For mroe info: https://www.the-next-tech.com/development/11-best-ways-to-improve-personal-development-and-self-growth-and-its-benefit-on-our-life/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Update Citation styles to current editions in Word

It isn't acceptable that Microsoft Word continues to use the out of date editions of widely used citation methods such as APA for its built-in references function. Please update the program to include citation for APA 7th edition and all other recent editions of citation styles.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Require option to remain signed out of Office account without having to reactivate it everytime I wish to use the full functionality.

Require option to remain signed out of Office account without having to reactivate it everytime I wish to use the full functionality.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ribbon Color

Because I keep multiple Word documents open on my Desktop during a typical workday, it would be nice to customize the color of the ribbon. For example, if I were writing a work report, the ribbon color might be yellow; or alternatively, if I were writing a personal note, the ribbon color could be purple. The current capability of hovering over the Word icon (which explodes the open documents) would be enhanced because the user could quickly find the document he/she desires with a glance at the ribbon color. If I need my work report, I simply look for the…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to choose Sender Email Address for Mail Merge

When completing a mail merge and selecting the option to send email messages, there should be an option under message options to select which email address you want to send from.

A lot of users like myself have multiple email accounts linked to Outlook, so it would be helpful to be able to send the email messages from the correct email account.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please make the page numbering option a little easier. Like say if I want to number a page later on a document.

Please make the page numbering option a little easier. Like say if I want to number a page later on a document. You can probably create a button that does all the hassle of page breaks, link to previous all that stuffs. It is quite annoying you cant just easily number yr pages later on a document in a single click.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Default fonts should always distinguish LI l 1 and i. The capital I and lowercase l are the same. This confuses by default.

Default fonts should always distinguish LI l 1 and i. The capital I and lowercase l are the same. This confuses by default. It should be a general rule of programing to use defaults that minimize difficulty. This font we are using here is clearly a poor choice. Uber uses a font like this for Uber Eats and this but with capital L and I, this has lead to Lan being mistaken for Ian, etc. Needless confusion disappears with a smart default font.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base