Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Word for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. create email save and storage

By put it in the corner of the page

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I am a writer who uses lots of endnotes or footnotes. Is there a function like "find" Find and replace to go from footnote 1 to footnote 2 s

is there a function like "find" to find the next foot note or endnote.
    or to jump from fn 1 to fn 5. Sometimes you need to correct either where the fn number is in the body of the text and other times you are just hunting for that little superscript.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow Hyperlinks to run batch files to run programs on same computer

I'm a musician. I have pdf music I paste into Word. I have batch files that send midi info to change a sound module. I've inserted clear, rectangular "shapes" in which I imbed a hyperlink to the batch file into the Word doc so that ultimately I may touch the hyperlink to change the sound. The hyperlink gives a warning "Opening xxxxxxx.bat. Some files can contain viruses..." I have extensively researched this error and it goes back years. I have modified my registry, many different ways, added trusted locations. Nothing works. Ultimately I want to make a pdf from the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Can you please make it so when you delete a file you have the chance to retrieve it?

I deleted an important file and I couldn't retrieve it. I think this poses a problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. SharePoint Properties Date Formatting Issue

When using the new SharePoint Properties pane (which is a fantastic addition thank you!), if a column in sharepoint is a date field and its formatted in UK date format dd/mm/yyyy, the validation on this column in word sharepoint properties is correctly treated as UK date; the snag is actually requires the American (mm/dd/yyyy) format to be entered to register the correct date. This needs to be changed so that the input accepted as well as the validation applied, is in line with the format of the column in SharePoint (in our case dd/mm/yyyy).

I.e.
    SharePoint Date Column Mask: dd/mm/yyyy …

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It's really difficult to change the language setting for "Read Aloud"

I have originally installed Windows 10 Pro and Office 365 University in US English. Later I noticed that my partner, who installed everything in German, could make Word 2016 read aloud texts in German AND in English while I could not do this even though I had now installed the corresponding language pack as well and even tried to reset everything on my PC to German. At best I managed Word to read texts in both languages but it would still display an error message telling me that this is not the correct voice setting on my computer. (i.e. LAUT…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Navigation Pane Option

Currently, the "Navigation Pane/Window" displays 3 levels by default. If one has to see only level-1, one has to right-click on the pane and click "Collapse All". This I have to do every time I open a document. There should therefore be a configurable setting to choose whether you want only the 1st level, or the 1st two levels, or the 1st 3 levels, or all levels to display.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Actualizar

ja tenho instalado o Offic

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Line break after numbered item, and footers

The way to get the name of a numbered Chapter, Article, Exhibit, Schedule, etc. to appear on the second line (after "Chapter 4" or "Article XIII", etc.) is to select "Nothing" in the "Follow number with" field, and then add a manual line break after the automatic number.

This is OK (though not ideal) for the heading, but if you ever want to include the numbered item in the footer or header using the {STYLEREF} field, it creates a problem, as the line break is included too.

Microsoft could fix this in two ways (one good, one crappy):

1) Add…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. autotext

Word should use either api or an auto dictionary to write common words and help the user in saving time like the way it is done in android. It is not necessary to waste time in simply writing words which could be avoided and hence it will also help in time efficiency . Hope it may be implemented some way or the other.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Missing Lines From MS WORD

I created lines using the shift and underscore keys in Word. I saved the document and converted the document to pdf. The next day, I found that all the lines are missing from my document. I contacted 2 representatives but none of them could help me with this issue. It is frustrating. It could be because the software is not stable or there is a bug. I hope that Microsoft can look into this issue seriously and patch up this gap.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. (MAJOR CORRUPT DOCUMENT ERROR) We're sorry. We can't open XXX.docx because we found a problem with its contents.

Please visit the following link for full details:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeword-msowin10-mso_2016/were-sorry-we-cant-open-xxxdocx-because-we-found-a/05bbf6c8-3fc9-4fef-bad4-7b0a96ab5836?messageId=870d5ee1-9124-458b-a7a1-9f9144ef91eb

Basically, there is a very annoying bug that occurs where the entire document gets corrupted, all the comments disappear when attempting to repair..

Below is a link to a test document with instructions on how to replicate this error:

Test Document: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11ZRuU8DpUU25cchtXNDwXdR76JrMUdjq/view?usp=sharing

I have already "sent feedback" a while back on this issue through Office 2016 and have updated to the latest release, but this issue still has not been fixed, so here I am once again...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can you MSFT people please do a fix to get rid of the stupid, annoying, useless, counterproductive Layout Options in Win 10?

Can you MSFT people please do a fix to get rid of the stupid, annoying, useless, counterproductive Layout Options in Win 10? I swear, sometimes Win 10 can't get out of its own way. So so annoying. Win 7 is so much better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Defender sometimes an attacker...

It would be more much better if that fuckin'Defender thread is not would be always online?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base