Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Word for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Fix Preview for Word in File Explorer

Please fix Preview for Word in File Explorer in your next update for Windows and Office and try not to goof-up anything this time. Unfixable issues with Windows and Office are already costing me several hours per week, and the problem with Preview cost two hours of one of your best troubleshooter-s time today—with the problem still not solved.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. WORD VERSIONE 2010

E' apparso il messaggio seguente: "Impossibile aprire il file perché di dimensione superiore a 512 megabyte". Solo adesso ho appreso che questo è il limite massimo di Word.
    Premesso che il file l'ho creato io nel tempo con varie aggiunte/modifiche, perché non è apparso un messaggio di "warning" nel momento in cui ho superato i fatidici 512 MB? In altri termini, In sede di "aggiunta di testo" l'ha accettato (leggi salvato) anche se stavo superando il limite. Non avrebbe dovuto rifiutare l'aggiornamento?
    Il mio file l’ho creato in tanti anni di lavoro e per fortuna avevo un back up che,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Need ability to co-author in O365 Word desktop app

Co-authoring is fantastic! But my user community is screaming to be able to do it from the Word app on 365. Currently it can only be done on the portal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. "View Updates" is misleading

In File menu > Account command > Update options drop down > "view Updates option is misleading.

In any other place in Windows I would expect to see the update history, not the new features list.

I would REALLY like to see an update status and history list in Office. I have a user with a problem, and apparently by build number they have not updated for over a year. But no other indication of why not.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improve access to help files on Surface virtual keyboard

I love the improvements to the virtual keyboard, but the functionality isn't explained anywhere that I could find. Even clicking on the help icon within the keyboard sends the user to the generic "tips" app for surface, where anything relevant to the keyboard is buried... maybe. But if it's there, I couldn't find it. I finally figured out the second row of options anchors/floats any keyboard style. Thanks for your support!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Improve access to help files on Surface Pen

There is great functionality with the Surface Pen, but help files are VERY hard to find. Could you make help/tips available more clearly? I discovered by accident that by holding the "right click" button on the pen, it highlights text like it used to. Why couldn't that have been more clear? Anyway, thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow SHIFT + accents on QWERTY in French Windows versions

The short cuts SHIFT+accents on a QWERTY keyboard are disabled in a French Windows version. Please change this for all Office and web browser options. The Microsoft community suggested I use the CTRL + accents as short cuts but they work on hardly any website. If I use them in Word it takes me a lot of time to find out where to put my fingers. Instead I can use the ALT + X-number (typed on the numeric keypad), but that takes so much time compared to the SHIFT+ accent I am used to. Now, this problem may be eue…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Concatenating files feature (quickly and easily joining files)

Many years ago I used Wordperfect and it had a great file concatenation feature and I'm surprised Word has never developed one. This procedure is specifically for people who write documents in parts, eg, a book with a different file for each chapter. As I remember in Wordperfect you just typed something like Book=Chap1+Chap2+Chap3... This produced a file of the entire book.

There are a LOT of people writing books these days: fiction, memoirs, etc. Many use Word. My books usually run to more than 40 chapters. If I want to send a draft to someone I hate having to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Insider suggestion, For MS Office

It would be beneficial and a lot better for office insiders if maybe you took a page from the XBOX insiders play book, and sent us insiders certain tasks that we can complete using office to test new improvements and to let you know what works well and does not. This would also introduce the insiders to the improvements first hand across multiple devices.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. On "Save as" improve experience to save doc to a SharePoint site I'm not syncing

When I create a new doc from my desktop and then want to save it to a SharePoint site directly from word this is not simple. There should be a menu to suggest somthing like a list of SharePoint sites collections and be able to navigate in hierarchy, also the list of O365 Groups I am member of.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mudança na cor padrão do ¶ (pé-de-mosca)

Sugiro que a cor padrão do ¶ (pé-de-mosca) no Office do Windows seja diferente do corpo do texto que está sendo digitado no corpo da mensagem. Isso já ocorre no sistema do Mac, contudo não funciona com a mesma sistemática no Windows - o que gera uma enorme confusão visual.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make spell check's multiple decitionary references functional!

When a selected foreign dictionary is selected and successfully looks up a word there is no apparent way to select the spelling and definition and make the red squiggle underscore go away. Please fix that!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to edit several documents

Currently working with contracts, that generaly have only minor differencies, I would like the ability to edit parts of text in all of them at once (having exactly same paragraphs in all of them that need same change), instead of having to make the same exact change ten times in a row.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Word 2013 scrambles contents while editing my .mht file

I have a word file that contains a drawing. When I save it as .mht, the contents are well preserved in the new format. Internet Explorer is able to render it properly. However if I edit the mht file directly with word, then the drawing gets scrambled.

Issue is easily reproducible only with this specific document that I have. I would be happy to send them across if required. Also gets reproduced on another machine having similar environment

Version:

Microsoft Word 2013 (15.0.4963.1000) - MSO (15.0.4963.1002) - 64bit
    Part of Microsoft Office Professional Plus

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
    Version 6.1…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →