Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Word for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Touch is broken in build 9026.2006

The touch-screen inputs and trackpad gestures aren't working in build 9026.2006. Also, I'm having troubles updating to the next build, which may or may not address these issues

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. My internal communications team would like to add our own branded templates to Office365 so that when you click on the word online tile you

My internal communications team would like to add our own branded templates to Office365 so that when you click on the word online tile you are presented with our corporate templates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. teach me the basic use of the machine

teach me the basic use of the machine

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bibliography

Some important things:
    In Hebrew, a chapter as part of a book should be written "in". I always have to manually fix the entire document by myself.
    2. There are sources in the bibliographies in one document that I must separate into two lists, for example in Bible: Interpretation and other sources. I do not have the ability to format two lists in one document.
    3. In two documents, if I want to manage different sources and then merge them together, it is difficult to distinguish who belongs to a document, in their union, it is cumbersome.
    4. You can…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make document editing less complicated!

While trying to edit text and line in my old resume I ran into all manner off format issue in my new version off Word.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How do you dare take my right for Word when I had paid for this documents with my computer now you want yearle subscription ? THIS IS BULL

How do you dare take my right for Word when I had paid for this documents with my computer now you want yearly subscription ? THIS IS BULL SHIT. MICROSFT IS RAPPING ALL THE population.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. By adding an appear option such as in power point

As a teacher I sometimes do not have enough time to make a powerpoint and it would be great to upload a word document with say questions and answers and have all the questions up and then just make the answers appear as required. This would save a lot of time
    Sam Magar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug: Buttons in template-created file call wrong macro

Office 365 ProPlus version 1701 build 7766.2099, running on Windows 7

ActiveX command buttons that occur in a template in a different order than they were created can call the wrong macro, when a file is created from that template.

Exact steps to reproduce: Create a new document. Save it as a .dotm file. Press enter a couple times to create space at the top of the document. Create an ActiveX Command Button. Double-click it to create procedure, put in MsgBox "One" to ID it. Create a second button ABOVE the first, and its procedure. Now, when the buttons are…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. RETURN ADDRESS LABELS in the past i could make a mail label or new label Shepherd of the Hills Presbyterian

Shepherd of the Hills

Presbyterian Church
    4600 S Poplar St
    Casper WY 82601-6225

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add the power of word that can show the video,and then can share the word like H5.that is powerfull for word.

Add the power of word that can show the video,and then can share the word like H5.that is powerfull for word.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option for binding heading and it's following Text, Figure and figure Title, Table and Table Title

In the Table properties, There is option for row break. Similarly we should have option for binding / breaking for Heading and it's following paragraph, Figure and it's following figure Title, Table and it's Table Title. Else, it is found many times that heading is in end of page in previous page and it's para is in next page, similarly, Figure is in previous page and it's title is in next page, same is with Table

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hyperlinks that are results of field expressions should be clickable

Hyperlinks that are the result of a field expression are not clickable. That should be corrected. For example, I often use a field that evaluates the SEQ field in order to determine whether to insert a TOC or a default text like "n/a". When I use the \h flag in the TOC field, the hyperlinks are formatted as hyperlinks, but they cannot be followed using ctrl + click.
    The most basic example to demonstrate this problem is the following field: { IF 1 = 1 { HYPERLINK "http://www.microsoft.com" } "" }

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sidebars that work

Hi MS,

Joan Pin, Microsoft Forum Moderator on the Microsoft Community website, has suggested that I contact the Word UserVoice forum, to propose an improvement to Word.

The details are within the Community thread below. I am fairly confident that the improvement is something 99% of Word users would wish were Word behaviour anyway. So I think my proposal would have widespread appeal and use.

Anyway, over to the details, in the thread below - you'll need to read to the end, to hear Joan's conclusion :-) Over to you !

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeword-msowinother-mso_2016/printing-just-sidebars/a838383d-c2de-4057-bb6d-dd9a457a43ec?messageId=32730f0a-b35c-49e2-8913-5ade9b296d98

Kind regards,

David

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Easy to use page numbers

Simplification of the page number system. Currently it is an atrocious mess. It is extremely complex and difficult to add page numbers and change the way the numbers look in the middle of the text (something that is necessary for anything above a high school level essay). A simple tab that allows for manual changing of numbers. Click a box for roman numerals and all pages are labeled as such. Then manually change one number to a standard number and all after that continue in standard numbers. This would allow for an easy to use system, rather than the current…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow an option to drop cap more than just the first text character in a paragraph.

Allow an option to drop cap more than just the first text character in a paragraph.

For instance, if you would like to drop cap numbers, you can only go up to 9. This is a simple and intuitive feature that is already found in other programs such as Word Perfect.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Constantly asking and rejecting username and password

Every time I go to Word or any other part of Office 365, it asks me for my username and password and when I enter them, it accepts them for a second only to have the notification "Sign in!" to appear again. This makes me unable to save anything to a specific folder etc. from the Word app although the software automatically saves my work when I leave Word without "signing in". I have signed in on my computer's Office 365. What can I do?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Disable discovery protocol using a HTTP response header

The office discovery protocol is an absolute nightmare when linking to sites that require authentication.

When there's a link to a URL in a Word document, we see attempts by Office discovery to HEAD the link rather than passing the URL to the default browser app. If the link is protected and returns a 401, Office itself will raise an authentication dialog. Returning a 405 for user agents that look like Office just results in the link not being available.

Ideally, the server administrator would be able to return a HTTP header on the initial HEAD response saying "No -…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base