Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Word for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. add APA 7th edition template

There should be an update for APA 7th edition that came out last year. This update is highly needed for nursing students in college and university. The lack of availability is costing students marks for improper formatting. for the amount of money us students spend, please do the update.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Profanity Filter off Switch

Allow users to choose to turn off your 'profanity filter' I have no desire to write filth and I appreciate your intention but as I teach counselling there are times I have no choice but to write to my students about how to deal with victims of or how to deal with problems but this type of word brings up *** which is really frustrating

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Desperately need APA 7th edition style references for college. Please change it from 6th edition style ASAP.

Desperately need APA 7th edition style references for college. Please change it from 6th edition style ASAP.

I really appreciated using the APA 6th edition style references for my papers. It saves sooo much time and nit picking entries for many references from so many different sources.

Now that APA has made the 7th edition, all the professors want APA 7th edition reference pages.

It is an unbelievable hassle to redo every reference. I have to keep referring to the APA website to figure out what little changes need to be made here and there. It is such a waste…

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Exchange EDB Recovery Server

Vartika EDB to PST Converter Software. It helps to users convert the entire Exchange mailbox items to Outlook PST formats without any error. EDB to PST Converter provides simple conversion process and can be accomplished into few minutes. It facilitates special features for users like (message filtering, naming convention and PST splitting). This EDB to PST Converter Software smoothly works with all Windows and MS Exchange Server versions.
    Get more info: -https://www.vartikasoftware.com/product/vs-edb-to-pst-converter-software.html

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Word-Keyboard atachment is not working for foreign-speakers

Hello there

This is Lineira O'Brien representing my sister, Yeisy Carolina Romero, we are from Colombia and my sister does not speak English. I bought a Surface laptop and I also purchased Microsoft Student Office 2019 in New York for her. There is a huge problem when trying to type in Microsoft Word. Although Microsoft Word is downloaded in Spanish, its auto-correction language is in English. That is because the keyboard is in English. When I change the keyboard settings to Spanish (so the auto-correction in Word can actually work in Spanish), all the keys from the keyboard changes. This…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hotels and Resorts

Are you planning a relishing trip with your family or friends and are searching for the best hotel? But don’t know how to get the best hotel at the minimum possible price? That’s okay, don’t worry, we are here to help.

When you are picking an accommodation for your next trip, there are a plethora of vital aspects to take into consideration. A hotel, where you stay on your trip, can make or break your vacation pleasure, so it is important that you get the right hotel according to your needs. At the time of hotel booking, you should choose…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Kommentarfunktion

Bezug Fallnummer in Bezug für die heutige Sitzung: 1022031880

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,
    eben habe ich lange mit dem Support geredet und er meinte, ich solle das Problem an Sie wenden.
    Es geht um die neue Kommentarfunktion, die vielleicht für Teamsitzungen praktisch sein mag, aber nicht für Einzelpersonen. Als Autor und Lektor kommentiert man die Texte allein und schickt sie dann weiter. Man braucht dann keine umständliche Bestätigung für jeden einzelnen Kommentar - außer einem selbst sieht die sowieso erst mal niemand.
    Durch die neue Funktion wird meine ganze Arbeit total gebremst: Ich muss ständig jeden Kommentar extra bestätigen,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Alternative treatment

Hello everyone, do you know any healing methods for folk treatment? Any recommendation would be helpful for me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. in Microsoft Word, Change Tracking wont fully turn off when trying to turn it off in any document that uses ListNum Fields

In Microsoft Word, there is a Change Tracking issue when using ListNum Fields that causes alot of undesirable work when a user attempts to turn off change tracking in a document with ListNum Fields.

To demonstrate the issue:
    1) use the latest copy of Microsoft Word and put in several ListNum Fields (Insert -> QuickParts -> Field -> ListNum)
    2) Press return a few times to give yourself some space.
    3) Turn Change Tracking on (Review -> Track Changes).
    4) Type some characters to make a 'change'.
    5) Now click "Accept all and stop Tracking".
    6) Now remove one of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Autocorrect in Word

What stroke of insanity possessed someone at Microsoft to remove the autocorrect function from Word? Word 365 was working just fine, with autocorrect, until I allowed Editor in on the game. It disabled autocorrect. I am a technical/science writer with an enormous custom dictionary, which I can no longer add to! Editor comes up with a pathetic choice of words, which is useless. Do you realise how much time this is costing me? Not to mention the SIX HOURS I have spent this week with two Level 1 techs, two Level 2 techs, and finally a Level 3 tech who…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Loading works

Hello everyone, I need to move all my things to a new apartment, can you tell me what a good loading service is?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. eyedropper for custom colors

Please put the eyedropper back as an option for creating custom colors. Used to be an option, but it is now removed. I used this option all the time and find it frustrating that I need to use another program to create the custom color that I need when I used to be able to do it within Word previously

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Thai keyboard and English keyboard got the different size of digit number

The words office
    when we type the characters with Angsana New font by the English keyboard letter and follow with number(English keyboard), then switch to Thai keyboard letter and follow with the number (Thai Keyboard). The size of the numbers are different.

This issue happens to multiple fonts that the size of the numbers are not the same between English keyboard and Thai Keyboard.

Please help to fix this issue as it affects all of Thai language users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Word embedding issue

After installing latest Office updates, I noticed that Word embedding feature is broken. Embedded file icons are not correct, but kind of generic ones. Problem can re-produced this way: open Word > Insert > Object > Create from File > Browse any file (pdf, excel...) > Display as Icon. Icon is not what it should be. It shows generic icon, not the real icon. My Word version is 2007 (Build 13029.20236 Click-to-Run).

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Remove Legacy File Formats

To increase security for users, removing the ability to open legacy file attachments such as Word 97-2003 and older formats or Microsoft Works. Both formats have long been retired for over a decade. The legacy Word DOC format is a cesspool for bad actors to embed malcious code without the same level of security controls that the new DOCX format provides. This legacy file format needs to be removed.

I would suggest that it be moved to a separate utility that converts the documents to DOCX or DOCM depending on the content.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When double clicking a word, allow define, not just search with bing and thesaurus

When right-clicking or double-clicking a word, it used to show the option of define. Now, it shows search with bing. Sometimes, I would like to have a straight definition of a word, such as "life". But instead, with a bing search, it comes up with a Wikipedia article, instead of Bing Dictionary or Marriam Websters.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Update Referencing tool to APA 7th

Please update your referencing tool to APA 7th. Many school jurisdictions pay for 365 across all their students and staff, as do many Universities. Individuals also pay for their own subscriptions. Updates such as these should be made in a timely fashion. It is more than a year since APA 7 was released and hundreds of thousands of 365 students use it for their referencing. If it were added to 365 that would make those students' lives easier as well as compliant with educational requirements.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pinned toolbar on the right-hand side

It would be good to have an option for accessibility, editor, thesaurus pinned on the right-hand side of the screen in word. This way, it allows us to quickly access them rather than having to quickly find them in the ribbon.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base