Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Word for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Word for Windows (Desktop Application)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Search by page

I work a lot with Microsoft Office and have used many versions since the earliest versions of office, now on Office 365 and though there has been many improvements over the years there is one thing I would like to see added to see added to office, I would like to see a search by page number option like when you at in Adobe that it displays page number at the top and allows you to enter a specific page number to go straight to it, or the option to bookmark pages so that when you open a document with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow reorganisation of styles

Allow the styles in the ribbon to be re-organised so the ones I use the most are the ones that don't require additional clicks in order to use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. WHEN I PUT IN A WORD I WANT TO SEARCH FOR I WANT 100 ANSWERS STRAIGHT AWAY

CANNOT FIND ANYTHING RELEVANT TO THE WORD DATE I.E. I WANT TO PUT ONTO THE LETTER I AM WRITING A DATE ON IT AND YET THE SEARCH CANNOT FIND IT ON MY PC AND IT ONLY SENDS ME TO THE WEB...!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Word not response

word program often not response while switch from Eng to Thai or Thai to Eng language

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The German spell checker wants to change "darüber hinausgehende"

The German spell checker wants to correct "darüber hinausgehende" to "darüber hinausgehende" - which is wrong - or at least poor style. See: http://www.duden.de/rechtschreibung/darueber_hinausgehend

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix the "go to next page" bug in Word 2016, portrait view (tablet PC), Print Layout

Word 2016 - When in portrait orientation in print layout view on a tablet pc, the "go to next page" button doesn't scroll all the way to the top of the next page. It leaves a significant portion of the previous page visible at the top of the window.

Steps to replicate the bug: Add the "go to next page" button to the quick access toolbar. Create/open a multi-page word document. While in landscape mode on your tablet PC, try clicking the go to previous/next page buttons. Your cursor/view will scroll (as expected) to the top of the next page.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Common Styles

Styles should be common to Outlook emails and Word documents. If I create a Style in Word, it should also be available in Outlook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. There is Bug in Auto-correction

Hi,
    I encountered a Bug in auto correct of latest version office. Whenever I write "according to" it suggests me to write "per" But misses out "as". The word suggested should be "as per".
    I hope this is a bug else accept my *poker face* apologies.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add the search and find feature back for a specific word in office 365 and word 2016/2017

In windows 7 I used Microsoft word and constantly used the search and find tool to find specific words, sentences and phrases in a word document. I write my stories and other specific documents and I constantly used it but now in Microsoft office 365 and word 2016 you are not able to use this feature or if it is there it is very difficult to find. Please consider putting the search and find tool back in. Other people have also complained about it not being available. Every windows 7 tip and trick you offered DOES not work for me…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [BUG] Issue with Introductory Phrase Proofing

In the sentence:

I ate food three days ago.

Word considers "three days ago" an introductory phrase, even though it's at the end of the sentence, and says I should put a comma after it ("I ate food three days ago,.").

This is just one of many issues I've had with proofing but its the most obvious because the suggested fix is terrible and it's also probably very common.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Auto naming of the files

I hope that there is a function to name the files automatically using the date and time 11-12-2016-Homework.docx , etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. it should have auto save for 1 min

it should have auto save for 1 min

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. provide a way to find duplicates within a word document.

I have hundreds of email addresses that I need to manually go through to find duplicates. it would be nice to de-dup within a word (or xls)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add text reflow option when pasting from PDF

Please add a feature that will allow users to reflow the text after pasting from a PDF. It's tiresome to cleanup, especially when so many words become split at the end of a line. Try to respace it the normal way, and it deletes part of the word, so you have to show hidden characters and manually fix it. Pease create a fix for this in Word.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. missing languages

In the Word File Options, language page, there is the possibility to add languages. In the list one finds: "Korean, Kyrgyz, Lao, Latin, Latvian..."
    when choosing "Latin", and clicking on Add, it puts Latin on the list of editing langauges, but with the mention "not installed". When clicking on the link, ita sends to an internet page
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Language-Accessory-Pack-for-Office-2016-82ee1236-0f9a-45ee-9c72-05b026ee809f?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
    On that page the step one "which langauge do you need?" does NOT have Latin...
    The list has "Korean, Kyrgyz, Latvian..."
    That is already two missing languages... How can one install them?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug in Office when copying a text box inside a drawing area using the right click of the mouse and coupy function.

Bug in Office when copying a text box inside a drawing area using the right click of the mouse and coupy function. The cursor disapear and it is not possible to retreive it. I am obliged to close and open the file to cancle the bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Plz add emotes XD

Just emotes, lots of emotes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Importing enhanced meta file graphics from clipboard - problems with character spacing of text

Importing a graphic with text, even a simple text box, from Powerpoint to Word 2016 using the clipboard (paste, content, enhanced meta file) shows non equal character spacing of the text in Word. Clipboard content looks still ok. No problems in Word 2010.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. InfoPath Features in Word

I know that the InfoPath program is going out but it would be nice if you could add this feature within Word. For example make it a tab that you can activate (such as Developer Mode) or a pluggin that can be added.

I really like InfoPath and use it extensively so I am sad to see it go. But at least allow me to create and "online" document or SharePoint document there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Feedback and Knowledge Base