Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Word for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Add APA 7th Edition

APA published its 7th edition last year. However, the reference functionality, as well as the APA template on your website, have not been modified to correspond to the new changes. There are numerous students in universities across this country and around the world who rely on Word's reference functionality to keep track of references when conducting necessary research aimed at helping humanity. As numerous individuals have reported this, it is imperative the Microsoft address this issue as soon as possible.

It appears the report rate for this topic is minimal, but there are hundreds of thousands of students who need…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Word Read Aloud

It'd be nice if the Word Read Aloud feature can work with SAP voices, or 32-bit voices on my computer. One needs to rely on the "Speak Selected Feature," which is not as handy as Read Aloud.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. insert Online Picture from One Drive For Business

Microsoft word has the ability to insert Online Pictures and access one drive personal files. It is best to have this feature link with one drive for business as well.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Commenting is sluggish

When commenting on larger documents, 40+ pages, 12-14 comments at the very least, Word seems to be heavily impacted performance-wise.
    But PC performance in several instances/tests see much less use of resources. Seems to be a limitation of the application and not resources available.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Central Kurdish spell check

Add Central Kurdish language to spell checker. Central Kurdish is spoken around 12 millions in north of Iraq and west of Iran.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow font to be changed in an equation

MS Word allowed the font in an equation to be changed. MS Word in Office 365 only allows Cambria Math font in an equation. It would be nice to be able to choose the font in an equation, just as it is nice to be able to choose the font in a document.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeword-msowin10-mso_365hp/equation-font-in-office-365/91629d1b-beb2-4cbc-854b-13dfa778b6d5?tm=1581229657070

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Increase the 259 path length limit when saving files to SharePoint online

A word document (and other office apps) opened from a SharePoint library can not be saved if the URL exceeds 259 characters. It does not make sense to impose the same limit as saving files to a hard drive when saving files to a URL as URL's are not file paths on physical storage / hard drives.

Please fix this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. enable beeline rader

Allow an extension from beeline reader

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 148 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enter own definition to dictionnary

Being able to add a definition to unknown words I added myself in the dictionary

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. appreciation letter for ms WORD

Hello . . .

I am a retired high school college math teacher and author of a rather amazing puzzle book titled QUADS. I have used MS Word for years to prepare work sheets, graphic handouts for math drill in my daily classes, even detailed handouts for my Sunday School class (adult) students.

I have always been able to “do” the things I wanted to express in text and graphic form using MS Word. I guess after all these years of use, it has become my default writing tool. Therefore, when I got the inspiration for writing my book in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Font Management

When I use word, there are 3 million fonts that I NEVER use and hiding them in fonts settings does not remove them from their listing so I have to scroll through this obscenely long list every time I want to change fonts. At the very least they should allow one to prioritize certain fonts so that they are at the top of the list -- sort of like recently used fonts except that it would list fonts that I have not recently used but are among my preferred fonts. It would be nice if they could have a two…

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please correct Tab key functionality when Text Direction is set to Right-to-Left for Persian/Farsi typing in a table

In MS Word 2013 I created a Persian/Farsi table and therefore set the Text Direction to Right-to-Left for Persian/Farsi. When typing in the table pressing the Tab key will take me to the cell to the right of the current cell; while it should take me to the cell to the left of the current cell. This is very annoying and disruptive. Please rectify. Thank you for your great product.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Delete text without deleting comment

I want to be able to delete text that a comment is anchored to without deleting the comment. With track changes turned on the comment should continue to attach itself to the deleted text - it doesn't currently. I think it used to do this(?), but not anymore.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to Number Paragraphs

Currently, there is no easy function to allow for paragraphs to be numbered. As it stands now the only way to do this is to use a numbered list. It would be beneficial to lawyers and almost anybody in the legal field as there is a frequent need to number paragraphs and not lines.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Reduce The Default Margin (www.reducethemargin.com)

The average office goer uses 10,000 sheets of A4 copy paper a year for printing.
And globally, the most favoured official software being Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word
becomes the automatic choice.

What is cause for concern is the fact that the default setting of Microsoft Word leads to each
printed page having a wasted margin area of approximately 38%.

A simple reduction in default margin on MS word can save 25% area.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Linking Excel Values to Word Text or PPT Text (perhaps vice versa)

I have an analysis done in Excel where some of the results that I reference in word in text. For example, I would like to be able to write in word: "The result of my analysis indicate that 23,252 people will eat bananas in the next 5 minutes." I would like that number (23,252) to be linked to a specific cell in my Excel analysis. The benefits of this would be that: (1) I wont be worried about mistyping the results in word because the value it is linked, (2) if the analysis changes, the value will change in the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. CTRL + C + C CTRL + V + V Double Tap Copy & Paste

CTRL + C will copy item 1 to the clipboard as normal.
    CTRL + C + C (double tap) will copy item 2 to the clipboard.

CTRL + V will paste item 1 from the clipboard.
    CTRL + V + V (double tap) will paste item 2 from the clipboard.

This wouldn't be as versatile as say CTRL + C + 1, 2, 3 etc. however much easier therefore more likely to get used.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base