AutoTextList fields are not working as of version 2105
We have an Office add-in where we add AutoTextList fields via the com API. We discovered last week that setting Result.Text on the field object no longer had any effect. After some experimentation we discovered these fields didn't work properly even when inserted normally via the ribbon.
More details in support case 25934189. The support team said they had already informed the product team, but I should submit an item here as well.
When adding an AutoTextList field normally via the ribbon, the field is always inserted as an invisible field.
Specifically setting the value of Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.Field.Result.Text has no effect and the getter always returns null.
Jody Harper commented
This Microsoft issue is preventing Windward from moving forward with an upcoming release the end of June.