Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Word for Windows (Desktop Application)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Microsoft has billions in profits. Please re-instate the Arial Unicode MS font. It is crazy that a font that was available for years is gone

Please pay the licensing fee to The Monotype Corporation for the Arial Unicode MS font and make it available to Word users. And I suggest sending the people responsible for removing it from Word to a remedial customer-service course and then, if they haven't learned about degrading products to the users base, fire them and hire people who are good at maintaining service levels of Microsoft products.

3 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bevi Chagnon | PubCom.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree!
    This incredible font makes it easier to create accessible documents, especially those that use STEM symbols, bullets, accented characters, and foreign languages.

PAY MONOTYPE the license to distribute this font with Word and Windows.

You should never have removed it from Word users' computers, especially since you never warned them that you were going to remove it.

And you have not provided a reasonable substitute for that incredible font.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello! I don't know enough about how fonts work to tell on my own, but I wonder if what I'm experiencing with ARIAL NARROW and PT SANS NARROW is related to the issue you describe.

I just posted about at https://word.uservoice.com/forums/304942-word-for-mac/suggestions/36277435-bring-back-pt-sans-narrow-and-arial-narrow-as-stan.

If it is related, please let me know and I'll gladly use all of my voting power to upvote your suggestion.

Feedback and Knowledge Base