Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Word for Windows (Desktop Application)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Word 2016 fix the bug in the pdf/A export filter confirmed by professional support

we must deliver word documents to an authority in pdf/a format. Our documents are successfully converted with Office 2010. Doing that with Office2016 leads to an pdf that is not conform to the standard. You an check this with the verapdf.com Tool. The authority validates the document's format and rejects it. MS professional support confirms that this is an error in Office 2013 and Office 2016. Ticket SR 118101119211952 Emilio Jose Piñeiro Lameiro helped me with this Ticket and allowed me to name him. Please correct this bug in Office 2016.

23 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

michael shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stefan Gundlach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am working at a data warehous and am responsible for business reports. I need a well functioning PDF export when using Office 2016. I cant always do a test whether an exported pdf document is readable. This is causing possible damage to my work as a cant be securly documentating my important workflows and dependencies in universes to my reports.

• Andreas Neeb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PDF/A is an International Standard: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDF/A
        We need the standard for our reporting to BaFin. It just seems not fair to only offer a fix for our problem to a "Premium Support" license, when we are talking about a common International Standard.

• Jose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It works fine on Office 2019 preview. It seems that this is an issue that is already known on O2013 / O2016 version.

The point would be to ask if this design issue will be fixed on at least O2016 version since it has been already fixed on O2019 preview.

Feedback and Knowledge Base