Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Word for Windows (Desktop Application)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Allow users to customize ribbon bar icons and color schemes

Recent Office 365 updates (October 2018) have changed the User Interface. These changes have adversely affected productivity of Word, Excel, etc. The new icons are terrible, the contrast structure of the tabs is terrible, and the lack of ability to customize anything useful on the ribbon is terrible. I have been a technical writer for over 20 years, and have been forced to use Microsoft Word during all this time. With each new update, you offer a product that is slower, more resource-hungry, and less lacking in useful features. What's worse is that we are trying to use your products to do our jobs, and if you keep changing your products' User Interface look and feel all the time, you are impacting on millions of people's productivity worldwide. Stop changing things just for the sake of change, and clean up your terrible User Interface. ****! If I wasn't forced to use your awful software as part of my work, I wouldn't have a bar of it.

10 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree completely. Much of what you are doing appears to be nothing more that changes for changes sake.

Feedback and Knowledge Base