Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Word for Windows (Desktop Application)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Autoscroll as you type!

As a career typist I am continually frustrated that as I type my text goes lower and lower on the page, instead of scrolling automatically so that my typing is always near the top of the page. My transcriptionist friends agree! This is terrible for our ergonomics, not to mention just plain annoying, to either always have our text at the bottom of the screen, sometimes only half visible, or else having to stop and scroll the whole page up. THIS NEEDS CHANGING URGENTLY!

60 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • B Spiller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use Split and type in the upper window, resize to a narrower window as desired.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I understand your request correctly, I disagree. It is better to be able to see the text leading into what you're typing than blank space below.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A band-aid until they fix it:
        Change the size of the window so that it is only 50% or 75% as tall, and position it near the top of your screen. You will still by typing at the "bottom," but it won't be buried behind your keyboard or books or whatever is blocking the screen. That's all I can suggest, so I hope it helps a little.

Feedback and Knowledge Base