Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Word for Windows (Desktop Application)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

passive voice

I need passive voice checker back, PLEASE.

66 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Susan J. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Word is USELESS to me without passive voice check. Why did Microsoft drop such a valuable feature? I am a college student, a philosophy major, and I write about a field rife with texts in passive voice. Although I can sift through work and edit, the passive voice edit saved me a lot of time. PLEASE BRING IT BACK. It would be helpful to know how one becomes a Word "Insider," because the information available is not helpful. I pay for Word through computer fees to my university, which provides Word for its students. Bring it back NOW!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was sent an email saying this was completed. It is NOT completed until the update is available to those of us who are not insiders. If what I read is correct (insiders test it for you before it is released to everyone), then only the beta version is complete. I appreciate the value of such testing. But when do you expect to have the update available to everyone? Thanks.

• Aneel Amdani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey. it has been 6 odd months now, that you guys have been saying it is in words or has started. No point having word 2016, when the future is in word 2013. And we are already heading towards 2017. Please be considerable here and provide some real ETA on this feature. Thanks.

• Pamela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When are you going to add passive voice checker back to Word 2016? This is vital to my writing and is needed sooner than later. Please bring it back!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will passive voice checker be added back to Word 2016? I was going to purchase this but do not want it now that they dropped this feature.

• Sandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the passive voice checker was a life saver for writing. Word also did not correct that I had forgotten to capitalize the beginning of a sentence and did not underline either. It seems the old version had many more proofing options than this version.

Feedback and Knowledge Base