How can we improve Word for Windows (Desktop Application)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Bring back clip art.

I do not want to use BING. Odd thing is I used clip art yesterday thru Word and can not today?!

23 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gladys shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminWord Product Team [MSFT] (Admin, Office.com) responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback! At this time, we do not have plans to add clip art back. However, we have implemented a new Insert Online Picture experience which allows you to insert pictures from various sources in addition to Bing. Also, we added a new Insert Icon feature which includes 500+ icons such as people, technology, education, sports, and more. If you are an O365 subscriber, you should see these new features in your latest build.

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CRS Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the clipart which is part of power point in word too. Can have interesting diagrams and pictures to make the document lively.

• Kristine Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The accessible art isn't very good quality or plentiful. I agree there should be some quality art included with what we pay to have the program.

• Karen Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or the option to choose clipart, photos, like in previous versions (as well as the local library)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is much needed! Going to Bing takes extra steps and that only works if I am working where there is internet access.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a much needed feature. Not everyone has Internet readily available. I live in a rural part of Virginia.

• Spartan 117 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like you to return the clip-art addition box. I miss it and it would be easier for me and other people to have cartoons than have actual bing pictures.

• Janet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please return the clip art feature. I do not always have internet access when using my computer.

• RICHARD “RAVEN” POWELL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i noticed that there alot of updates all the time except for few one namely clip art please , would it be possible to add new images , some of your clip art now out dated little ,

Feedback and Knowledge Base