Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

How can we improve Word for Windows (Desktop Application)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Word 2016 fails to print margins correctly / messes up layout (Possible OpenType .otf Font bug)

I am having severe problems with Word 2016, as it does not print the document layout correctly as it somehow messes up the margin when printing.
    NOTE: This happens when printing to Adobe Acrobat DC and my physical printer!
    My document layout:
    • no markup,
    • custom margins (set to 1,27cm top / bottom and left / right - my printer can easily handle these...)
    • no header or footer
    • paper size set to A4 in all settings

INTERESTING:
    When I changed the fonts to Arial, the PDF printed correctly!
    The 2 custom fonts I used, are both .otf …

71 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

44 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • restore the right-click Autocorrect menu to Word 2016

In Word 2007 and 2010, if you misspelled a word, you could right click, and there, in the right-click menu, was an option for "Auto-Correct" with a fly-out menu to the right, with suggested words, and at the bottom "Autocorrect options." This menu allowed me to speed up my typing by adding corrections to the Autocorrect dictionary on the fly, letting Word learn my typing style and common mistakes.

Now, this is hidden in File, Options, Autocorrect, behind a series of obscure menus that take time, and hinder my workflow. If I'm on a typing roll, and inspiration hits, the…

225 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

166 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We want to let you know that the Word team has heard your feedback, and they’re planning to restore right-click access to AutoCorrect options in Word 2016. If you’re an Office 365 subscriber, you should see this change in a future update.

As always, thanks for your feedback. We appreciate it!

• Word 2016 and Windows 10 Azure AD login

Word 2016 (Office 2016) does not use Windows 10 login credentials, if I login to Windows 10 using my Office 365 / Azure AD account. I have to sign-in to Office again using the same account.

27 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Grammar & Style checker removed from 2016

After upgrading to Office 2026 after a year of expensive problems with 2013 ... I find the most vital function missing .grammar and style checker ... what a waste of money this product is and you do not warn us it is not included before we buy it ... I am a professional editor and writer ... I have spent days trying to get support for my waste of money on your product so I am now going to post this to my 91,000+ fans worldwide on Facebook a warning about this ... You knew this was a problem almost…

47 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We value users’ feedback, and are pleased to announce that we’re planning to enable the style options in Grammar checking for Office 2016 users this winter – stay tuned for updates on availability. The Editor feature, which includes new style options and other ongoing enhancements to the experience, will continue to be exclusively offered through an Office 365 subscription.

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Feedback and Knowledge Base