Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Word for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Shortcut for (),'',"",{},[],-,+, and also for comma (,).

Ctrl B is used for bold, Ctrl X is for cut and so on......
    In the same way there should be short cut for putting inverted commas, brackets and so on....
    If user selects a group of words and presses Ctrl + 0 then the brackets for selected values should be inserted. Same thing for inverted commas, commas, hyphens, + ans - signs,

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multilingual Composer (like on Facebook)

I think Microsoft Word, and other Microsoft Office products (Excel, Power Point, Sway, Access, etc) should have a way to easily manage multiple languages!

For instance, it should be easier than saving as and creating a new document! It could have a language switcher in which I choose in what language I'm seeing the document at the moment, and create a new language version.

Another useful tool would be a way to manage the translation process, marking parts in not-translated, automatically translated (needing review), and fully translated. And it'd be very cool to easily view the original text so I…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ink Editor: Ok, really neat. Now "tweak" it for educators.

Make an option to default to always assuming the inking should be retained rather than the edit actually applied. This is how educators would want to use it in order to markup papers.

Also when educators are marking up a paper, they are never changing anything. So circling should default to adding an educator's comment to the paper rather than selecting -- or at least the goal of selecting is only to mark which block of text the comment applies to.

"Cleaning up" editing marks when in educator mode would also be useful. So a sloppy human circle around text…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The ink editor would be cool if it had more options.

The ink editor would be more useful if it had the ability to add punctuation marks- like adding a comma where there should be one.

Also, as far as spelling goes- for those words that the spelling checker doesn't catch, it would be nice to be able to delete or add single letters rather than whole words.

I will probably not be using this feature as it is; it seems like it is more trouble than it's worth right now and doesn't have the features I need. However, if this feature is expanded it would make my life (as well…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 縮小表示しているときの図形サイズ変更が不便

縮小表示しているときの図形サイズを数値で変更する際、数値部分を押さずにいきなり▼▲を押すと表示が消える。大変不便です。何でこんな仕様にしてしまったのですか?困りますので直してください。

また、この数値操作をした後、文字入力をしようとすると、マウスで文章編集部分をクリックしてからでないと、文章の入力ができない。非常に不便です。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

マイクロソフトの製品に関するご意見をいただき、ありがとうございます。ご不便をおかけして申し訳ありません。

ご報告の件ですが、どの製品でこの現象が起こっているか教えていただけますでしょうか(例えば、Word、Notepadなど)。こちらで調査をする際に参考にさせていただきます。

よろしくお願いします。

澤野井
    Microsoft – Global PM

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base