Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Word for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. enable rearrangement of Draw Tools.

I'd like to put my main tools- the pen and highlighter in the primary Tool picker window so I can access them quickly without having to "arrow over" for the rest of the tool selection.
    Even better, a floating tool bar that you can drag with you as you work down the page. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Force Header in Table Style

Allow header to be merged across a table if imported data from external CRM has 1 header but 2 or more columns of data.

Currently the Header only covers the first column and then cells are removed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. There is a bug with option Update fields before printing - please fix it

When you insert a field that relies on other fields, that field is not updated even when source fields are. Take scenario:
    1. You have "Update fields before printing" option set.
    2. Create a document in SharePoint document library.
    3. Insert field (ctrl+F9) { IF "[insert-document-property-Title-from-quickpart-menu]" = "Agreement" "This is an agreement" "This is not an agreement" }
    4. In next paragraph insert document property Title from quickpart menu. Save and close the document.
    5. From sharepoint list change document Title to "agreement".
    6. Open document in Word desktop app and open print dialog.
    7. You see document property Title…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Acess Google and iCloud drives from office

of paramount importance is the ability to access files stored on Google and or iCloud drives. The lack of this capability is a serious error

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It will extraordinary is I can record as mp3 format Word Read Aloud.

We can write a manuscript introducing our PowerPoint Presentations. Play the slides and then have space of time for questions or additional information without making the audience bore. Recording Read Aloud can be useful. Instead of reading a manuscript, listen to it and drive your car or travel on the train or bus. Long PDF or DOC can be transformed into audio with an extra option to edit it and be used for lectures, presentations, or for further use in AI development, I am sure Microsoft is thinking about this if not here is an IDEA.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Syncing macros across devices

Recently I have been working on a huge number of old files. I recorded many macros to reduce work and time. I was trying to work on the same files from a different device in a different location, but when I opened the files and tried to run the macros, they were not there. Is there a way to sync macros also across devices?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Improve digital reader experience

Originally Word was intended to draft a document or report so it could be printed on paper (analog). There are several cool tools to improve the analog reading experience. However, slowly more and more people read documents digitally instead and I am missing tools to increase that experience.

I have been working with Sway to create more interactive documents, but this app is limited compared to Word. Things I would like to see are smart ways to implement bookmarks and cross references etc. Now, I know these features are in Word already, but they are optimized for analog reading more.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. WTF is the point of the new save as options?

The new save as window allows you to change the file name and folder. but when you hit the 'save' button, the classic save as dialogue appears, in your old directory, with the old file name, forcing you to enter all the same information again. What was the point of entering the new file details here if they immediately revert back when you click save?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change the clolor of the background thoroughly

We usually face the white backgroud of a document and the light is very harsh. Our eyes will be stabbled by the wihte light. So I hope Word can allow us to change the clolor of the background to pea green while the other users are impervious to the change. For example, I open a document that displays the pea green background while it's the white background in the other users' pc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Automatic Opening of website addresses from within Word for Microsoft Office 365

When I copy a website address into Wordpad, it appears in blue. On moving my mouse pointer over the link, it changes to a hand icon. If I then select the link, I am automatically asked if I want to open the link Could this facility be added to the Word component of Microsoft Office 365, please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Table of contents

Please make the "table of contents" avaliable on the word app. many students that have chromebook cannot use the full version of word and therefore we cannot write our assignments on word

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Table of contents

Please make the "table of contents" avaliable on the word app. many students that have chromebook cannot use the full version of word and therefore we cannot write our assignments on word

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. To do tag

Create a to do tag option for MS Word.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hello, Microsoft Office Team,

I would like the following feature:
    (1) A extra ribbon comprising (FLOATING) FRAME: insertion, customization, formatting, online feature t be included in a frame(s), etc
    (2) FLOATING FRAME

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. i think when you copy something like a picture you should be able to do ctrl+v

this might just be my PC or version but if this actually isnt possible then i would really like them to add it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. MS office

In earlier versions, I could simply open a new doc from START. Now I have to select from blank, snapshot, sales quote, modern etc. How do I simply directly open a plain blank doc?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. devider

i think you could use a devider because i am doing a homework of a newspaper and they use deviders and it has to be done awkwardly thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. quitar el marco color negro al preseleccionar en la pestaña archivo

en microsoft 365 al iniciar un programa sale la pestaña archivo y al pasar el mouse por una opcion esta se preselecciona con un sombreado gris y un contorno negro, agradeceria poder añadir una opcion para desbilitar el contorno negro que tiene.
    Gracias

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base