Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Word for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Before you send out updates, please test them so see if they remove product keys from Office 2016 Professional Plus.

Your most recent update for Windows 10, (October 2020) keeps on removing my Office 2016 Professional Plus Product Key. It claims that my Product is unlicensed. Totally wrong, I don't need to buy a new product key until December 30th 2020. So please sort out your glitches first. So it doesn't cause major problems for many of us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please Restore drag to manage indent (old feature)

Please Restore drag to manage indent just like it was in older versions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please first of all fix this suggestion web page itself

When we post any story it stuck on posting progress animation forever. we are unable to understand that story posted or not. but fortunately it gets posted and when we reload page to cancel it then suddenly post appears on story section.

and sometime it does not sticks. when I tried to post this story after two problematic story it suddenly worked fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please Add more beautiful cover pages

Please add more beautiful cover pages and also unlimited online cover page download feature. In latest version there are worst cover pages available than old versions. please add more cover pages and also online add function. there is on option to add online but it only shows two pages. so update app as soon as possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please show incorrect words suggestions on cursor hover.

Please show incorrect words suggestion directly when we take cursor over it like we do in other programming text editors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Okay my suggestion is, to make more templates, to create social media posts

What i mean is, templates to make social media posts, such as canva, that would probably increase Microsoft word user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 10/17/2020

You have updated my computer three times in two weeks and it keeps getting worse. Stop it! Fix the ONE THING I NEED YOU BROKE IN UPDATE. My ports no longer work after update. This is not the first computer but at least five laptops you ruin with updates .I've never had a computer wear out. They all die because of microscope update. This has to be reported to FTC and FCC. I'm a consumer who work and should not have to buy a computer because your messed up updates. I asked you to fix bur you messed up other…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tab for each document, but NOT like Excel has Worksheets at the bottom left.

Tab inside the application window of Office applications that are relevant, including Microsoft Office Excel and Word. There would be another X or set of X's (signifying 'close') in the inner upper right, not replacing 'close' X for the application itself.

Could possibly be much more convenient that switch between application windows of the same application to switch documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Language selection

am thinking you could make Word automatically detect language between UK and US English. Once detected from a few sentences that for instance mention US cities, a pop up shows up asking the user to confirm that they want to use US English. having to manually change the language is a bit tiring.
    Otherwise, nothing better than your software that's for sure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When inserting a link for an email address also be able to add cc's

In a MS Word document, and in the Edit Hyperlink popup, when inserting a link for an email address also be able to add cc's.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please fix the bug in MS Word that doesn't allow you to "Save As" any more.

When I open a file that I want to save as a new file to a folder in OneDrive, I get an error message when I try to save it that says, "This is not a valid file name," even though I'm naming it properly. This is very annoying because the workaround is to go into the File Explorer, copy the file, paste it to the new location, and rename it there. Please fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option for specific word counts (including stems)

When you highlight and right-click a word, a count of how many times you've used that word appears in the drop-down box. It also accounts for stems so words like "stops, stop, stopping and stopped" are all in the same count

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The Word editor does not check for matching quote marks.

If a sentence starts with a quote mark but there is no closing mark, the editor will not catch it. This is a problem for authors who use a lot of quotes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Give us optional outline levels (which ARE useful) without the collapse-option (which is not only useless but dangerous).

I like the outline levels, and use them a lot. But the triangle-collapse is dangerous, as others have written. I would like to have the outline levels kept, but get rid of the collapse. It can unintentionally collapse PAGES of text!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix form text fill-in in Word 2016

During the last large Windows 10 update, in desktop Word 2016, I am unable to backspace and make corrections to a form text fill-in block anymore. Please correct.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. MS Word MESSAGE SAYS: open in another application. But its not!

How about telling me HOW to close a document that is actually NOT open. I'm at a complete LOSS as to what to do next with this very important document. HELP, HELP, HELP!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Calendar - Better visibility of accept / decline

Using both Outlook and Teams Calendar, it takes too many clicks to see if an appointment has been accepted or declined. Bring this information to the forefront, please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Polices pour dyslexiques

Bonjour, ça serait bien d'avoir une ou des polices pour dyslexiques comme OpenDyslexic. Celle-ci s'affiche d'ailleurs mal sur Excel (mais très bien sur Publisher).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base