Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Word for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. BRING BACK THE EYEDROPPER IN MICROSOFT WORD!

Seriously... the dumbest move ever.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Exchange EDB Recovery Server

Vartika EDB to PST Converter Software. It helps to users convert the entire Exchange mailbox items to Outlook PST formats without any error. EDB to PST Converter provides simple conversion process and can be accomplished into few minutes. It facilitates special features for users like (message filtering, naming convention and PST splitting). This EDB to PST Converter Software smoothly works with all Windows and MS Exchange Server versions.
    Get more info: -https://www.vartikasoftware.com/product/vs-edb-to-pst-converter-software.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Commenting in Word as a chat and meeting experience

Please consider if possible to improve the Word collaboration - commenting experience when there is a huge number of authors and document reviewers. In such cases, when there is a huge number of comments appearing on the right side, it becomes almost unreadable and not possible to filter and find the comments by the authors and content.

Imagine these Personas and this Scenario:

Authors: 10 people creating/editing/authoring the Word document.

Reviewers: 50 people doing a review of the document and placing comments on whatever word/sentence in the document.

Then, at the same time, Authors can start answering the comments from…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Advance Excel password recovery software \(PDS)

Advance perfect data solution Excel password recovery software has high caliber to recoup and open bolted MS Excel document secret word in astutely way. This software underpins all MS Excel record renditions: 2016 and 2013, 2010 Password, 2007, 2003, and 2002 (xls & xlsx) 2000 and Excel 97 This software has the superb of two types’ method dictionary and brute force attack Excel Password Recovery Software It rapidly examine MS Excel worksheet secret phrase and access Excel record secret phrase. It gives the considerable chance to recoup select the secret word least and most extreme length of the secret word…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Best supported Enstella EDB to PST Converter

Easily convert Exchange EDB file to PST file by using Enstella Exchange EDB to PST Converter Software. It generously repairs all EDB file errors and then converts EDB to PST without any data loss.
    * Easy and time saving Software.
    * Convert Exchange EDB to Outlook PST without missing any internal content and interrelated information.
    * Support all major Windows OS versions up to Win 8 (32 bit and 64 bit).
    * Works on all Exchange EDB file versions 5.0, 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010.
    Get Freeware to click here-https://www.enstella.com/edb-to-pst-conversion.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Signature option within Word

I think there should be a way for users to be able to sign documents while using Microsoft Word. I sometimes have paperwork to fill out that I can fill out using Word, like PDF sheets, but I can't sign the papers. I truly hope you find a way to make that happen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Export to PDF: automatically show title instead of filename

MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint allow add meta title to document and save it to PDF. It works fine but still Acrobat Accessibility checker always shows title error. It turned out that PDF show filename by default instead title. It can be changed in file properties.
    It would be great if Word, Excal and PowerPoint allow this option to be set while saving to PDF (of course if title is not empty).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make microsoft office 365 free pls

it's hard for us to purchase since it's expensive so please make it free can access word, excel, PowerPoint, please thank you Microsoft

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Plagiarism Checker in-built or as an extension

Word could have a plagiarism checker to check what percentage of your work is plagiarized. it could be in-built with Word or could be a downloadable extension. It would make writing research papers much easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How About Choosing Our Favourite Colour As A Theme ?

There is now 4 kind of Themes For example (Dark Theme), If you developed it that we choose a colour and it becomes our theme.
    (Optional Idea) Make us choose 2 or more colours as a theme . (Also Can it be For All Microsoft Apps ) (If it amazed you please say my name (Flameless Gamer))
    Thanks For Reading!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How About Choosing Our Favourite Colour As A Theme ?

There is now 4 kind of Themes For example (Dark Theme), If you developed it that we choose a colour and it becomes our theme.
    (Optional Idea) Make us choose 2 or more colours as a theme . (Also Can it be For All Microsoft Apps ) (If it amazed you please say my name (Flameless Gamer))
    Thanks For Reading!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Safely remove section breaks

Writing software manuals requires several section breaks with different document formatting. When I remove a section break it often blows the document up. Can you add a feature that will remove the last trailing section break, OR, remove one safely?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Select text then click button to enclose it in quotation marks or parentheses, etc.

Create single buttons that will insert pairs of punctuation marks around selected text: quotation marks, parentheses, square brackets, curly brackets, etc. Most of all, it's the quotation marks I've been hoping you'd add as a feature for many years now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fault in your Feedback Page?

I have a Post running on this page entitled 'Reinstate readability statistics by sentence and paragraph in Word 365'. In the last few days, I've had four separate people contact me and tell me that they have voted for this proposal, but their vote did not register. At the time they voted, the number of votes was 19, and so it should now be 23. But only today has it gone to 20. Is there a fault with your voting process, or should they re-vote?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In fonts you can add cursive

In fonts you can add cursive

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. OpenType SVG Support (Multi Color Fonts)

Increasingly, catalogs of symbols are appearing in colored SVG fonts, especially on the web. This extends from Emoji to other characters. Word currently supports inserting emoji which have multiple colors, but does not support Open Type SVG Fonts. See examples of these fonts here: https://www.colorfonts.wtf/ MS Word should support these fonts out of the box.

At Microsoft, Edge browser (before Chromium) supported these fonts, but no longer does with the decision to use Chromium as the basis for Edge.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. APA7 in researcher

Need to update to APA7 citations. APA 6 is the only APA format available in word - most people using APA are required to use APA 7 so having an old APA version of citation and research is more or less useless and just takes up space. Also, the ability to log into databases in research mode to search for peer reviewed articles without leaving word.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How about we add a feature called word classroom

It would be very great if we could post assignments on word comment, grade them in place have equations, or even breakout rooms, where the students go into groups and edit with each other, but no one can see what they're doing except their group, and the teacher can join too. also, we can add pls pls pls pls add plagiarism it will be very useful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I wanted to know like is their a marker?

I want a marker i think their is one but i can't find it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 493 494
  • Don't see your idea?

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base