Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Word for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Word "inaccuratezza"

Word "inaccuratezza" in MS Office Word 2010 in italian language is underlined as if it were a mistake, but it is correct in italian. I suggest to add it in italian vocabulary

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The ONLY place I want my documents saved is in my docs on THIS PC. I do not want ONEDRIVE at all. Remove that option!

I DO NOT WANT TO USE ONEDRIVE AT ALL!!! The only place I want to save docs is on THIS PC. Please remove the ONEDRIVE option!!! Let me make the DEFAULT PLACE TO SAVE "THIS PC"!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. HI I'm a teacher and your application has caused me no end of tears, all the features I used to use quickly (ruler, for eg) have been hidden

HI I'm a teacher and your application has caused me no end of tears, all the features I used to use quickly (ruler, for eg) have been hidden PLEASE stop changing where the features are and hiding them under multiple tabs, for those of us who just need to use applications quickly it is absolute ** when you move everything. Ruler used to be one click, now it's one search one click. I don't think you have any idea how much frustration you cause normal people when you hide stuff. This application broke me today. It absolutely broke me. I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Use and keep the format that I specify.

Every time I update my index, Word changes all the formatting, different font, different indents, different column widths, different section breaks, etc. If I fix the font, or the column widths, etc., the next time I update the index Word forgets everything I specified. Even if I don't update the index, changing font can change the column widths. It is especially annoying that Word puts random index entries in boldface.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Template for Word, Excel, and Paint(where is gone Paint softwear?) is need!

to ask Nobel Prize or IMF to my idea A count idea A count thinking, this still charenging step for all world all world Count for.
    I'm Ayako Hirao.

Windows Word, Excel, and Paint, to want use can as,
    Template to
    please want use
    方眼紙
    マス目の入ったボール紙の、サイコロなどを作るのに、算数などで使った..
    プロジェクトペイパー

それから文化服装学院の教員辺りからの考えのようでした聞こえましたが、確認を取ってください。

製図の超縮小サイズの型紙化する定型定規のようなの型。
    上身頃などのそれぞれパーツの定型定規として、テンプレート化して使えるものに。

産業別で上記を言うと、
    また小学校や中学校や高校の学校教育の授業科目で上げて言うと、
    幾つへの対応が可能でしょうか?

それで販売製造元の会社へ、利用をしても良いか、確認を了承を求めてください。
    そうすると国際連合と国際司法裁判所、またはEU国際司法裁判所司法裁判所と最高裁判所へ、国際特許の特許取得を裁判所命令で、さっさと認めてください。

それからのテンプレート化、テンプレート使用を許可してもえらえればテンプレート化にしてください。

そうしてどこの国の会社でしょうか?
    日本ですか?
    最初の国際特許が認められた段階で、可能性も含めて大きく幾らの現金が渡せるでしょうか?
    国際裁判によって、可能性も認知認識されれば、直ぐ現金として受け取り可能に、扱い会社元製造会社元、考案製作者へ渡してもらいたく、これに何1つの犯罪も戦争もまったく無いようにして、されるようにお願いしたいのですが。

デスクワーク対応と会議対応と、1人での作業や考案に趣味にも対応可能で、購入に外出を数回か控え、もしくは最初や繰り返しの日常使用がされるものかもしれません。

どうでしょうか?

プリンターの使用がここ数年、最近は非常に困難でした。
    プリンターが大きな大きな用紙も選べるプリンターの日常使用が、やはり以降も困難とも考えられ、こうしたことに変化が起きると、また違うでしょうが。

会計経理や簿記、HouseHoldとも言われるA countですが、現在までは。

CreditCard and Stock(Where was payed? Where Company to Company to had pay about stock?)as, income payment is or was was Minuse or Pluse pay had Question must clear to need so all must check…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hey you pukes at microsoft- Why don't you take some time and unfuck_the_spell_check feature in word? That would be really ******* swell.

Hey you pukes at microsoft- Why don't you take some time and unfuckthespell_check feature in word? That would be really ******* swell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Dictation feature availability for Home and Student 2019 license version (Perpetual version)

Dictation feature is available only online for Home and Student 2019 license version (Perpetual version) but however the same feature is not available for offline word / powerpoint / any document. Please help and provide the same feature in offline version also.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add an extensive dictionary for smaller languages and make accents more accessible.

Smaller and less used languages such as Irish are limited in spelling errors and tedious to work with. Please adapt for these smaller languages by installing the dictionary from Irish or smaller language dictionaries and allow accents of all sorts be available under the "Symbols" tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. background colour covers very little portion and only a little on bottom right , can be broaden and made more pleasing

background colour covers very little portion and only a little on bottom right , it can be broaden and made more pleasing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A case for the removal of "dimming" feature related to header/footer editing vs. document editing

I mean, let's be honest. Who actually prints documents anymore? No! You send them electronically. If Word wants to stay relevant, this feature needs to go--otherwise we'll all be using Adobe before long (as soon as they're smart enough to make a free version that allows editing, anyway).

For those of us who actually like to make our documents look nice or who design templates, this feature can be downright crippling. Case in point: my curriculum vita. Have a look: http://doesmonroe.com/CJlinked/example-wordsug.png

How am I supposed to edit that? And why should I have to change the font color just because…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Streamline Track Changes

When I highlight a single space/letter and type over it, Track Changes deletes the entire word. This clutters up my documents and takes me longer to go through and see what others have changed.

If I highlight a single space or letter and type over it, I want just that single space or letter to be changed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. stop hiding the ******* scroll position bar on the right of the document when the pointer is off the document.

stop hiding the fuckingdocumentposition_bar on the right of the document when the pointer is off the document.

-YOU-MICROSOFT--****** FOR PUTTING THIS SHITWARE "FEATURE" IN.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. GET YOUR ******* "ANNOUNCEMENTS" POPUP BOX OUT OF MY SIGHT. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT.

GET YOUR ******* "ANNOUNCEMENTS" POPUP BOX OUT OF MY SIGHT. FUCKYOUMICROSOFT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. In word document a feature like worksheets in excel

It would be convenient to have a feature that enables to add new worksheets in word document just like in excel. New word worksheets can be added like worksheets in word. It will help user to have different topics in each worksheet( may call it wordsheet).

For example - Instead of having many stories in many word documents, one can have many stories in one word document but in different worksheet model.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Comments

So you know how Google Docs has this function that lets you comment things without having to make edits to your work? Well, as a writer, that comes in really handy when it's late and I don't want to think that ******* working something in, I could just make a quick note that hangs out off to the side. I'd like to do that in Word, mostly because Google Docs has kicked me out due to the data cap. So, if you could give your users something similar, that'd be a big help to everyone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. autosave locally

There should be an option to autosave directly to a local computer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)