Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Word for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Ribbonhero 3

You know what I miss? Ribbonhero…and Clippy's second chance.
    I know I shouldn't, but I liked that game. And it made me kinda like Clippy. It made me better at doing my job quickly. I played it a lot for Excel and Word. Now there's a lot of Excel stuff that is hard to get a handle on, especially for PivotTables and all the stuff for data science and analysis. Reading it in a book is terrible, the YouTube videos are awful, and the tutorials are a snore, and just...yeah, I think a game for those would be really, really…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Identifying the language in Microsoft word when we are using multilingual on office

Most user are using Microsoft office using multilingual on same file so we need to change from one language to other on same paragraph. but some times we can,t select the language changing on keyboard, so can Microsoft office can recognized our writing language then it can be change automatically

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Track changes

1. Identify the comments in the reviewing pane by user color, as was done in previous versions.

2. When right clicking on a comment within the body of the document - there is no option to delete the comment... this is extremely annoying

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Identifying the language in Microsoft word when we are using multilingual on office

Most user are using Microsoft office using multilingual on same file so we need to change from one language to other on same paragraph. but some times we can,t select the language changing on keyboard, so can Microsoft office can recognized our writing language then it can be change automatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hey, maybe a way to enter an activation key? would love that

like the window that's suppose to pop up in the instructions on the site actually pop up. would love that

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When I use "Add to dictionary" it should to be synced to my account, so I can use it on other devices.

When I use "Add to dictionary" it should to be synced to my account, so I can use it on other devices.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make different types of backgrounds for certificate/ more templates

present a way that you can change the outline design of your certificate if made ex: school project

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. sugiro que ao utilizar o campo correspondência para enviar email seja possível escolher a conta de envio pelo outlook

sugiro que ao utilizar o campo correspondência para enviar email seja possível escolher a conta de envio pelo outlook para o caso de usuários com mais de uma conta de email cadastrada

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I liked it better when CTRL + SHIFT + S was the keyboard shortcut for 'Save As'. This styles junk is so much less useful.

I liked it better when CTRL + SHIFT + S was the keyboard shortcut for 'Save As'. This styles junk is so much less useful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. your new update has a flaw in that it changes ther "Date Modified" of a document, even if I just open it (and make NO changes)

your new update has a flaw in that it changes ther "Date Modified" of a document, even if I just open it (and make NO changes).

Please fix this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A zoom option while playing the slideshow

I don't like that you can only use the zoom option during editing, and not while you're actually playing the presentation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Turn off spell check for comments, make it optional.

Turn off spell check for comments, make it optional.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Current Document location

As in the past, please include a screen-visible field to show the user where the current field is stored. Currently it states: Saved to this PC - but my question is WHERE? This would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. you should add a feature that would automatically input the date and the text etc in the same format which is usually used.

If I am writing a diary in which I have to write the date in a different format than that of the text , I have to change the format each time I insert date after a text. If I want to enter each text in the same format , Word should add the format of the date that I usually use automatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. увеличить шрифты в панели задач в ворд 10

Нужно иметь возможность увеличить шрифты в панели задач в ворд 10 (в ленте наверху) и в раскрывающихся из нее окнах

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove the "Passive voice" Grammar rule entirely (or at least make it removable) -

I have just spent an hour removing 100+ instances of "Passive wording" from a standard technical report. The rule is not useful OR accurate withion a technical environment. There are a large number of "Grammar rules" which get it wrong or are only accurate in the US of A, and no other English speaking nation on Earth.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Field to show current Heading

It'd be great to have a Quick Parts > Field that would display the latest Heading (user specify level). For example, if a Heading 1 style has pages of text, this field could be included in the Header to let the reader know what heading their still reading under.

Current work-around is cumbersome (manually creating section breaks for every heading, then adding cross-reference to that heading in each section's header).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 351 352
  • Don't see your idea?

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base