Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Word for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. GET RID OF MODERN COMMENTS! YESTERDAY

Easy. Provide either a choice to toggle from one to the other, or get rid of this useless 'update' entirely. It's awful and ruining my working life.
    Can I ditch 365 and instead go to a previous version of word and not have modern comments stalk me?
    Serious question. Appreciate an answer ASAP.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rechecking the spelling in a document

Word doesn't do a second spell check on an entire document. You have to go into options and ask it specifically to Recheck the Document. Add a new button for a spelling recheck. Word will pick up that you misspell a word as you are typing, but not when it does a spell check the second time on the same document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Set default to spell check headings and words in all caps--it is currently set in Options to ignore.

The default is to ignore misspelled words in headings and in all caps. Change the default in the Options settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Word Properties panel : "No sharepoint properties found"

When opening Sharepoint document with additional properties/fields. Sharepoint properties pane fails to load and shows error message "No sharepoint properties found"

User needs to click on Reload explicitly to load this properties

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sharepoint Properties: Date input field errors when Sharepoint site & OS regional settings don't match

When you are editing document from a Sharepoint site which is using different regional settings other than your computer. Then as you select the date value, selected date value is parsed in to differnt date value.
    e.g. If Sharepoint site regional settings are English(India) and OS time settings are Sweden(Swedish), then selected date "5-August-2021" automatically changes "11-Feb-1911"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. conference call

if there is any option to make conference call we can make conference with our friends,teachers or any other workers and we can discuss easily about the document

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add APA 7th Edition

APA published its 7th edition last year. However, the reference functionality, as well as the APA template on your website, have not been modified to correspond to the new changes. There are numerous students in universities across this country and around the world who rely on Word's reference functionality to keep track of references when conducting necessary research aimed at helping humanity. As numerous individuals have reported this, it is imperative the Microsoft address this issue as soon as possible.

It appears the report rate for this topic is minimal, but there are hundreds of thousands of students who need…

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I had my account which i paid for my office , but you are sending a message that there is a problem with it and i can not see where to solve

i paid so i deserve the service, not being told my account has a problem which is not described. kindly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Highlight Colour in dark mode

When you highlight text in light mode you can see the text highlighted. The text is not visible in dark mode when you highlight text. A suggestion would be to change the colour so that the highlighted text is visible in dark mode

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hide White Space in between pages in Word

When I view multiple pages and hide white space in between pages in Word it ends up in single string of document. Please allow hiding white space when viewed pages in multiple setting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG - FormFields marked as not Fill-In Enabled cannot be set by VBA code in V2102

Beginning in build 2102 of MS Word, a very elaborate document that I have created no longer works properly.

My form makes extensive use of FormFields. Starting with build 2102, it appears that Word VBA is not able to properly execute this command:

ActiveDocument.FormFields("MyFieldNameA1").Result = 100

if the field in question has fill-in enabled set to off. It instead changes another, seemingly random field in the document.

There is no way that this is intended behavior.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Printing comments - initials display on printed comment instead of full name

Several users requesting the feature to be print full name when printing comments

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. eyedropper for custom colors

Please put the eyedropper back as an option for creating custom colors. Used to be an option, but it is now removed. I used this option all the time and find it frustrating that I need to use another program to create the custom color that I need when I used to be able to do it within Word previously

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Pattern Fill formatting for Lines

Lines above a certain weight appear thick enough on screen and paper that they can support the pattern fill function.

Please allow this to be applied to at least stand alone line objects but ideally any lines including shape outlines. Thanks!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Utilize embedded Excel Worksheet Object multiple times - linked objects

Today, when I embed one Excel file as Excel Worksheet Object into a Word document twice both objects are not linked. This means, if I change the data in one of the embedded Excel Worksheet Objects this change is not reflected in the second one. It would be great to utilize the same embedded Excel Worksheet Object at multiple places in the document in a way that I can update data in one of them which is automatically reflected in all other objects in that file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please include someway like MS Powerpoint to rearrange pages in MS Word

It is very difficult to no possible sometimes to rearrange pages after writing or adding images or in other words not at all possible to rearrange pages in MS word .

It would be very helpful if you can include page rearrangement feature like in MS Powerpoint in MS Word where there can be a seperate pain to see all of the pages and we can simply rearrange the pages by simply draging them to their desired location. The design choice is all yours.

looking forward to your reply.

Thankyou

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please stop Word slowing to almost a halt when using Track Changes

Word’s Track Changes feature is essential to many users. A widely experienced problem is that using many tracked changes and not periodically accepting or rejecting them can cause Word to become less responsive - in extremis such that a user can believe Word has hung or crashed.

Problem: 1) causes response time delays from a few seconds up to some minutes. 2) is worse the lower the computer’s [CPU+RAM]. Even with MS 365 on a Core i7 laptop (+16 GB RAM & SSD), it can slow to almost a halt and opening and editing can be excruciatingly slow. 3) applicable…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Author Info Missing

How can I add a profile picture on the Author Info and his info about phone, email, address, etc? And I mean about myself, like when I create a document in word, I write on it and then save it, and when I go to Files>Info, I don't see my author info, all I see it's just a default picture and my name, even tho I'm signed in with my outlook account and I do have a picture and all the info on it, but they don't show in word or any other program of office. I have tried everything…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The Number List feature in Word needs to be made more robust as I have found over the years that it is not reliable

I would like to see the Multi-level List feature retain the sequence of numbering and 'obey' commands

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Text suggestions in MS Word for Office 365 (Installed version)

Can we have Text Predictions activated in Office 365 (Installed version)?
    This is NOT showing up on the status bar for MS Word. Neither are text predictions being offered as I type, Text Prediction option DOES show up in the status bar when I use the free online Word for the Web. Can we please have this feature available as option for the installed version? This is the very least that is needed to make MS Word competitive with Google Docs!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base