Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Word for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Avar spelling dictionary

Let's create a spelling dictionary in Avar language that would be available for download from Microsoft's official resources.

19,106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

378 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Chechen spelling dictionary

It would be great to have Chechen spelling dictionary available for download from Microsoft official resources.

15,765 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2992 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Kumyk spelling dictionary (Latin alphabet) / Qumuqça tüzyazıw sözlügü (Latin alipbada)

Let's promote creation of Kumyk spelling dictionary (Latin alphabet) available for download from Microsoft official resources. Let's make Kumyk lingua franca again! / Qumuqça tüzyazıw sözlüknü (Latin alipbada) etsin uçun wa onu Microsoftnu resmi resurslarından yüklep bolağan küyde salsın uçun ses bereyik! Qumuqçanı yañıdan orta til eteyik!

10,465 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

143 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Correct Persian Multilevel list and numbering

Multilevel list numbering in Persian shows an incorrect sequence of numbers. however the same numbering sequence is correct in any Arabic language.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Language Papiamento

I am currently in a position in which I have O365 in my portfolio to sell here on the island of Aruba. The local language is Papiamento and is used in many news articles. Next to that it is a language given at certain school of which the number will increase in the coming years. That means more individuals will be using Word processing on a daily basis to create documents in Papiamento.

Currently I cannot sell O365 to many clients because the language is taken out of the language package. It is still available in Word 2010 and hence…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add 'Allow the following words to start with lowercase letters at the beginning of a sentence' in Office applications

Many 'cool' brands these days use names that don't use capital letters at the beginning of the word. Please add an option to 'Allow the following words to start with lowercase letters at the beginning of a sentence' in Office applications so that they don't have to be repeatedly corrected over, and over, and over again.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Let me change the default bullet point

Let me change the default bullet point

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Central Kurdish spell check

Add Central Kurdish language to spell checker. Central Kurdish is spoken around 12 millions in north of Iraq and west of Iran.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve performance for large documents

I have a Word document with lots of reference material in it, admittedly it is quite large, and if I were starting this document again, I would not use Word. However, it used to work absolutely fine until the business updated to Office 365. It now takes Word about 5 minutes to open the document, during which time the window alternates between blank, black, and showing the initial page of the document.

The document lives on my local disk, in a folder which is managed by OneDrive. The file size is 2.8 MB, and it is currently 353 pages long.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Spell Check no longer limits itself to selected (highlighted) text

A recent update changed Spell Check to something almost unrecognizable. Specifically, the ability to spell check selected parts of the document were lost. I don't know if I am missing something or not, but the practice of installing updates unexpectedly and without permission should stop.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Font Management

When I use word, there are 3 million fonts that I NEVER use and hiding them in fonts settings does not remove them from their listing so I have to scroll through this obscenely long list every time I want to change fonts. At the very least they should allow one to prioritize certain fonts so that they are at the top of the list -- sort of like recently used fonts except that it would list fonts that I have not recently used but are among my preferred fonts. It would be nice if they could have a two…

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Commenting is sluggish

When commenting on larger documents, 40+ pages, 12-14 comments at the very least, Word seems to be heavily impacted performance-wise.
    But PC performance in several instances/tests see much less use of resources. Seems to be a limitation of the application and not resources available.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. enable beeline rader

Allow an extension from beeline reader

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Beeline Reader

Please offer the Beeline Reader format on MS Word. Having this available on Word would be a great help for students and professionals who have to read long documents on a daily basis. Beeline also really helps people with disabilities like dyslexia that make reading very difficult.

If the United Nations and Stanford have seen fit to honor Beeline, perhaps it's time for MS to make this available in Word? In the meantime, I'll just keep uploading my Word docs to Google Docs, where I can read them in BeeLine format...wish I could do it in Word though!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Include content of formulas in search function

The search function does not find strings that are part of formulas. For example, when I use a variable "ABC" in a formula, searching for "ABC" does not find this occurrence. Please add this functionality.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Convert PDF to Word Documents Built In

Make it Work as Well as Abode PDF Converter

132 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please correct Tab key functionality when Text Direction is set to Right-to-Left for Persian/Farsi typing in a table

In MS Word 2013 I created a Persian/Farsi table and therefore set the Text Direction to Right-to-Left for Persian/Farsi. When typing in the table pressing the Tab key will take me to the cell to the right of the current cell; while it should take me to the cell to the left of the current cell. This is very annoying and disruptive. Please rectify. Thank you for your great product.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Comment footnotes

I should be able to put a comment on a footnote. If I need someone to look over a footnote, I have to either put a comment in the body text or highlight the section of the footnote manually.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 351 352
  • Don't see your idea?

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base