Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Word for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Avar spelling dictionary

Let's create a spelling dictionary in Avar language that would be available for download from Microsoft's official resources.

19,121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

379 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Chechen spelling dictionary

It would be great to have Chechen spelling dictionary available for download from Microsoft official resources.

15,802 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3004 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Kumyk spelling dictionary (Latin alphabet) / Qumuqça tüzyazıw sözlügü (Latin alipbada)

Let's promote creation of Kumyk spelling dictionary (Latin alphabet) available for download from Microsoft official resources. Let's make Kumyk lingua franca again! / Qumuqça tüzyazıw sözlüknü (Latin alipbada) etsin uçun wa onu Microsoftnu resmi resurslarından yüklep bolağan küyde salsın uçun ses bereyik! Qumuqçanı yañıdan orta til eteyik!

10,473 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

143 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Language Papiamento

I am currently in a position in which I have O365 in my portfolio to sell here on the island of Aruba. The local language is Papiamento and is used in many news articles. Next to that it is a language given at certain school of which the number will increase in the coming years. That means more individuals will be using Word processing on a daily basis to create documents in Papiamento.

Currently I cannot sell O365 to many clients because the language is taken out of the language package. It is still available in Word 2010 and hence…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Correct Persian Multilevel list and numbering

Multilevel list numbering in Persian shows an incorrect sequence of numbers. however the same numbering sequence is correct in any Arabic language.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Beeline Reader

Please offer the Beeline Reader format on MS Word. Having this available on Word would be a great help for students and professionals who have to read long documents on a daily basis. Beeline also really helps people with disabilities like dyslexia that make reading very difficult.

If the United Nations and Stanford have seen fit to honor Beeline, perhaps it's time for MS to make this available in Word? In the meantime, I'll just keep uploading my Word docs to Google Docs, where I can read them in BeeLine format...wish I could do it in Word though!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop warning whenever any Building Block is used

Since Version 1908 whenever a building block is used or the Building Block Organizer is accessed this loads Building Blocks.dotx and changes the saved state to false. This triggers a warning message when leaving Word asking whether the user wants to save changes to Building Blocks.dotx, even when there have been no changes.

See this thread in the Answers forum.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/using-any-building-block-triggers-warning-message/08f7f98a-e23b-4c70-b166-e6954063b484

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add 'Allow the following words to start with lowercase letters at the beginning of a sentence' in Office applications

Many 'cool' brands these days use names that don't use capital letters at the beginning of the word. Please add an option to 'Allow the following words to start with lowercase letters at the beginning of a sentence' in Office applications so that they don't have to be repeatedly corrected over, and over, and over again.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Let me change the default bullet point

Let me change the default bullet point

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Upgrade of Mail Merge

Mail merge is in desperate need of an upgrade. I would ideally like to see the following features added in the near future.

1. Multiple recipients support including CC and BCC.

2. Subject line can contain merge fields

3. Support for office files or PDFs to be merged and sent to the recipient(s) as attachments.

4. Further integration with OneDrive and SharePoint.

5. If there are multiple email in Outlook, the ability to choose when merging which email address the emails are sent from.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve performance for large documents

I have a Word document with lots of reference material in it, admittedly it is quite large, and if I were starting this document again, I would not use Word. However, it used to work absolutely fine until the business updated to Office 365. It now takes Word about 5 minutes to open the document, during which time the window alternates between blank, black, and showing the initial page of the document.

The document lives on my local disk, in a folder which is managed by OneDrive. The file size is 2.8 MB, and it is currently 353 pages long.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add APA 7th Edition

With the release of the 7th Edition of the APA Publication manual, this style needs to be reflected in Word for use in references, citations, and the reference list as well as a document template.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Multiple TAB/Sheet option in MS Word

Problem Statement:

User need to create new files for new activities. Also user can not link one word data from different word files.

Solution:

We should have an option of creating multiple Tab/Sheet in one word file like MS Excel.

There are multiple benefits of it like:

1. We can link one sheet to another

2. We can create the different word file just by adding the new tabs in same file

3. We don't have to open multiple files for different task or activities

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Spell Check no longer limits itself to selected (highlighted) text

A recent update changed Spell Check to something almost unrecognizable. Specifically, the ability to spell check selected parts of the document were lost. I don't know if I am missing something or not, but the practice of installing updates unexpectedly and without permission should stop.

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a calculater in Microsoft word, Since the equation feature already exist

I'm an Engineer, my major requires a lot of reports and calculations. I think it will save time if while writing my equation in the report with actual numbers it will be automatically calculated instead of calculating it again either manually or with excel. I think the idea is simple but will have a great response and save time for students and other users.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add Central Kurdish spell check

Add Central Kurdish language to spell checker. Central Kurdish is spoken around 12 millions in north of Iraq and west of Iran.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. insert Online Picture from One Drive For Business

Microsoft word has the ability to insert Online Pictures and access one drive personal files. It is best to have this feature link with one drive for business as well.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Commenting is sluggish

When commenting on larger documents, 40+ pages, 12-14 comments at the very least, Word seems to be heavily impacted performance-wise.
    But PC performance in several instances/tests see much less use of resources. Seems to be a limitation of the application and not resources available.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 370 371
  • Don't see your idea?

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base