Feedback by UserVoice

Word for the web

Welcome to the web version of Word's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. pancakes

u give pancakes

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. give away free xbox series x when it comes out!!!

give away free Xbox ones and free series x because ps4 is so bad gaystation yuo dont evenhave forza or roblox

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Read My First Chapter And Vote If It's Good (I'm Going to Create A Game About This)

Chapter 1

Mythical and Elite walked down the destroyed pathway. Seeing all the dead zombies on the ground fade to dust. They walked back into the real world. They made it. They survived. When they got back a million happy faces greeted them. Everyone was cheering, “They made it back!” Mythical and Elite were relieved that they didn’t die when they came out of the Final Dimension. Everyone was there to see if they made it. Blade, Blain, Dawn, Flame, North, Epic, Charlie, Rebel-T, and even Legendary. “Elite,” said Mythical. “I think we did it.” “I think your right,” Elite…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. you should write our essays for us

I believe that teens have too much on their plates these days. We shoudl be able to type in what our essay is about and word just type it for us, or at least give us ideas. 

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. to add a picture during that

add a picture anywhere

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Vancouver citation style

Add Vancouver citation style to citations in word 365

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Shapes

Make a shape button it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying when I have to copy and paste a shape and it doesn't even come out right.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix Word Online Basic rendering issue with background fill and numbered lists

When using the default normal template, it does not render properly in word online once you add a background fill and numbering. does nto matter if its a header or a simple numbered list word online does not render this basic HTML formatting properly.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. spelling check

have a thing where microsoft check the spelling on all devices like computers,laptops,mobiles,tablets

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable external emails for @mentions

If your company does not use Outlook emails with Office 365, @mention-style notifications are not an option. Without this, it's extremely hard to productively collaborate around a doc. All the other software we use associates emails with user profiles to make this a possibility.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PDF quality should be equal to Word "Save as PDF" - do not rasterize vector graphics

Currently PDF created by "Download as PDF" are of inferior quality than those generated by the desktop app.

Most notably, vector artwork such as SVG logos, even simples ones with flat colors, are preserved in Word fpr Desktop, resulting in nicer looking and smaller PDFs.

Word online rasterizes all vector art and makes them low-res, blocky images, which consume more space. This makes for visually unpleasant, unfaithful documents, which take up more space.

PDF generation on Word online should preserve vector images in the output for better visual fidelity and smaller documents.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. a word count option to count amount of words typed

a button should say word count that could count the number of words written because for an essay i need to have a certain amount of words and i do not have time to count every single word

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. spelling and grammar checks

You should improve the spelling and grammar checks because I found that they are wrong quite often and then I get really annoyed at those stupid little lines at the bottom, not that my spelling or grammar is perfect, but I know English and I know when something is wrong and when something isn't. So when you correct me saying it's wrong I GET MAD

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Product improvement suggestion - Camera pictures!

Hello,

I have a suggestion on how to improve Microsoft Word features. Nowadays computers are getting easier to carry and I can work from anywhere. I work on real estate projects and I have to take a lot of pictures and put them in the word tables. It takes a lot of time, especially if you need to insert each picture in the table by browsing maps and searching for the right one you have taken. My laptop has a camera. And I think you can make this task easier if there would be a feature to take pictures directly…

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Maybe add a timer to let you know when to take a break...

We all know that eye strain can be caused by staring at a computer for to long. Maybe add an automatic timer that will tell you when to take a break/ and how long the break should be to both improve productivity, and prevent eye strain. Thank you and I hope this gets added.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have fortnite season 7 ads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fortnite season 7 ads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. make more emojis that would be cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base