Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Word Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

include track changes

include track changes

97 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dennis Peperkamp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to share, edit on the go (e.g. online) is really useful for me and many of my contacts. Not being able to see the changes we make on a document is a bit annoying, especially since we know that the changes are kept and marked in the background.
        Having to open the document in an app is a step that should be optional, not required.
        On top of this, it is funny to see how the track changes seems fully functional in the Android app for Word. (at least the changes are marked immediately)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the top reason for me that GDocs collaboration works and 0365 collaboration does not. Being able to review suggestions/edits and then accept/reject is critical.

Please, please, please for the love of collaborative work, make the Track Changes feature mirror the desktop version. It's crucial to our work to be able to see who suggested which changes and to be able to see text edits. This is very much needed to be a viable, useful program. Please add this very soon.

And show the changes while interacting with the document. Don't just record them behind the scenes.

When collaborating, it is necessary to see who made what specific changes. Using track changes the author can accept, reject or follow up with collaborators for more information. This is a VERY much needed function. Hope this can be added very soon.

Feedback and Knowledge Base