Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Word Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Dictation: Allow an option for speech-to-text

Instead of wasting time typing, allow people to talk into the mic and their words turn into text.

813 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

88 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

dictate function is possible using the Windows speech recognotion. BUT it has Nothing to do with CORTANA. A Connection would be cool

• Harald Wentsch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nothing that I have seen from Micrsosoft so far could convince me that Microsoft has any focus on providing voice recognition with relevance to business secenarios

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a lot of work to replace my lost documents, when new office was installed.i would like to go back to old office.

• Sylvia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our voices are powerful if the wrong people make a copy of your voice. Then you are giving permission to anyone to use it.

• d. wilde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Try to give some idea of scope or context and length to the audience? Thanks. dw

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

that is an awesome idea! why didn't I think of that now I feel dumb. I will vote for you

• John Stevens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You know how computers have cameras and sound (not the sound you use to listen to stuff, the sound that you use for like what you said: google voice search, etc.)?........

Even if you put tape on there (even duct tape), that probably wouldn't do the trick because hackers can hear what your voice sounds like. Also, they can probably see you through the camera on your computer, even on electronics like an iphone or ipad.

I'm highly suggesting that that's probably the reason (if they haven't) why they haven't done what you have told them.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base