Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Word Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Feature Parity: Word Online should have all the features of Desktop Word

853 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for leaving us feedback on this!

Word Online is consistently working towards feature parity with our desktop applications, in addition to incorporating new features. Please let us know if there are any specific features you would like to see.

134 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know how the web could handle this at the moment. Maybe with future web technologies.

• Michael Barnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Word Online is a little watered down. Don't get me wrong, I am extremely grateful there is an online version of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.

that would be great and then i would be able to use all the features and just use the online version so that i can Finnish my school work at home without using a USB. awesome idea thanks

• linda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use Word for ingredients labels and need the gridline (outline) on each label we are editing. It is impossible to work in word online without this feature making the whole job far more difficult. It may ultimately make me change to a different cloud space provider

• amelia diaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The formatting and editing on Word Online is horrible and it changes format when in print mode. We have copied and pasted to a regular word document in order to save time (e.g. 2 hours to print one document out of 70 documents).

I purchased Word Online as part of Office 365 for Business. How can it be that Word Online does NOT have all the features of regular Word? This is like a bait and switch? And it's missing simple things, like the ability to set TAB STOPS. This is inexcusable for a company like Microsoft. Even a rank startup would get these features right. I am very, very disappointed.

I agree with this idea, especially the choice of views where the user can switch between single page or two page view. As a heavy user of Word, I would like the option to view the pages side by side.

• Alisha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea, I aswell agree and believes that this suggestion should have more votes!!

make it possible to rename checked out docs to allow users to save them as a different name

• Esthy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would make it easier for users. I spent ages trying to understand but got it. However, i suggest it should be exactly like word

• Royi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really wish to see that.

The Word Online is too limited.
        Actually there are much better alternatives out there.

Please improve it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base