Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Word Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Feature Parity: Word Online should have all the features of Desktop Word

865 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for leaving us feedback on this!

Word Online is consistently working towards feature parity with our desktop applications, in addition to incorporating new features. Please let us know if there are any specific features you would like to see.

139 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One part I use a lot in Word is the Format Picture function...which is not avail in 365

• lob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use labels and have no label outlines showing around the printable area so it is impossible to lay out the label correctly
        BTW the auto save drives me mad!

• ofunk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

many of our clients use "letterheads" and logos on it -- it is currently not possible to open these docs in online -- as they crash the application.

If not "feature" parity -- it would be a good move forward to have a least an edit mode with place holder for logo and letterhead. so text can be reviewed or edit and WYSIWYG will happen once printed.

• Paul Lifsches commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If someone sent me an Online Word doc, through Office 365, and then deleted their original, my attachment can no longer be opened -- it is merely a link. Also, the way we have to manipulate everything to work with it is far too cumbersome.

• Paul Lifsches commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If someone sent me an Online Word doc, through Office 365, and then deleted their original, my attachment can no longer be opened -- it is merely a link. Also, the way we have to manipulate everything to work with it is far too cumbersome.

• Haneef Ibn Ahmad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Atleast, the Word Online should match all the features available in Google docs. If Google can do it (who are relatively new to Office-related products), Microsoft should be able to do it as well!

I was surprised about the number of features that aren't available in Word Online that is available in Google Docs!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most definately! Some people simply can't afford to get Word installed (even if they really wanted to). Word Online elongates some processes, or just makes it too frustrating and difficult to understand.

• Jo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this suggestion. I do not have Word on my computer and I'd like to be able to use Word Online full time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base