Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Word Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Feature Parity: Word Online should have all the features of Desktop Word

865 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for leaving us feedback on this!

Word Online is consistently working towards feature parity with our desktop applications, in addition to incorporating new features. Please let us know if there are any specific features you would like to see.

139 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • bw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ability to real time co edit using any online hosting provider...not just one drive. co editing today takes too many steps.

• Josh Childs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A primary gap in my daily, and personal use of Word Online, is the missing reference functions like citation management, caption management, and table of contents management features.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Word Online is consistently working towards feature parity with our desktop applications, in addition to incorporating new features. Please let us know if there are any specific features you would like to see.

Track changes and Tabs/rulers are ABSOLUTE must haves. Please let me/us know if this is in the works? Otherwise, we need to transition to Google Suite for our business, which is not my preference.

• Mark Gibeault commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tacking Changes in an important feature for education. Teachers need to be able to see changes during the writing process.

Being able to change metadata after I've uploaded a document would be most useful!

I have papers I have to use Word 2016 with if it was more like the full vers. of Word 2016 that would be awesome. There are features like bibliography and citation that would make it usable for me. Being able to edit styles would help as well.

For the love of god, please add a functioning tab key! It was noted years ago that it was a function that was under development, but nothing was ever heard of it after that. I find it ridiculous that such a basic and commonly used function that is available in all your products, and any other word editing software for that matter, would remain unsupported in word online...
        It is a serious deal breaker for me...

• Luciana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Customization of colors is inexistent on Mac. You can select the colors but not save them as a theme. We need this function.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base