Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Word Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Word Online should have all the features of normal word

806 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for leaving us feedback on this!

Word Online is consistently working towards feature parity with our desktop applications, in addition to incorporating new features. Please let us know if there are any specific features you would like to see.

131 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark Gibeault commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tacking Changes in an important feature for education. Teachers need to be able to see changes during the writing process.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have papers I have to use Word 2016 with if it was more like the full vers. of Word 2016 that would be awesome. There are features like bibliography and citation that would make it usable for me. Being able to edit styles would help as well.

For the love of god, please add a functioning tab key! It was noted years ago that it was a function that was under development, but nothing was ever heard of it after that. I find it ridiculous that such a basic and commonly used function that is available in all your products, and any other word editing software for that matter, would remain unsupported in word online...
        It is a serious deal breaker for me...

• Luciana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Customization of colors is inexistent on Mac. You can select the colors but not save them as a theme. We need this function.

One part I use a lot in Word is the Format Picture function...which is not avail in 365

• lob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use labels and have no label outlines showing around the printable area so it is impossible to lay out the label correctly
        BTW the auto save drives me mad!

• ofunk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

many of our clients use "letterheads" and logos on it -- it is currently not possible to open these docs in online -- as they crash the application.

If not "feature" parity -- it would be a good move forward to have a least an edit mode with place holder for logo and letterhead. so text can be reviewed or edit and WYSIWYG will happen once printed.

• Paul Lifsches commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If someone sent me an Online Word doc, through Office 365, and then deleted their original, my attachment can no longer be opened -- it is merely a link. Also, the way we have to manipulate everything to work with it is far too cumbersome.

• Paul Lifsches commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If someone sent me an Online Word doc, through Office 365, and then deleted their original, my attachment can no longer be opened -- it is merely a link. Also, the way we have to manipulate everything to work with it is far too cumbersome.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base