Feedback by UserVoice

Word for the web

Welcome to the web version of Word's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Please actually make page breaks so we can see where it finishes and ends.

Please the option to have spaces between pages like in the offline version of Word. This would finally make the online version of word a usable alternative to the downloaded version.

934 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

82 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add "Insert Shapes" to Word

I think it would be a really good idea to add "Insert Shapes" to Word, because most people use Word for reports, and I personally add flowcharts into reports when I can, so I think it would be really good to be able to make a digital flow chart or add shapes to Word.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. make it easier for spell checking

add a section just or fixing grammar spelling punctuation and clarity

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A Secure Way To Migrate EML to Outlook and Office 365

Users are Now Facing problems with EML file Migration. So they're searching to export EML to Outlook PST or EML to Office 365 solutions. This guide is going to show you each the ways of switching eml.

Software Page: https://www.shoviv.com/eml-converter.html

Before going further, It is vital to understand why migrating out of EML to Outlook PST, well, this worth it.

Why would users need to Convert EML to PST?

Various mail clients use EML, by way of instance, Apple Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, along with many others. However, Outlook does not work together. These files will need to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add envelope printing and custom page size to Android Word

Add envelope printing and custom page size to Android Word, This is critical for us ChromeOS users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Telugu voice (like te-IN-ShrutiNeural or te-IN-Chitra) within Immersive Reader

I would like to use a Telugu voice (like te-IN-ShrutiNeural or te-IN-Chitra) within Immersive Reader. This voice is available through Azure Cognitive Services but not Immersive Reader. Please add

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Tips dan Trik Menang Lebih Mudah Bermain Slot Via Android

Oyo99 sediakan berbagai fitur untuk menang mudah bermain game slot online Android di https://cartagines.net/.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tips dan Trik Menang Lebih Mudah Bermain Slot Via Android

https://cartagines.net/ sediakan berbagai fitur untuk menang mudah bermain game slot online di Android.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. editor

I would like to be able to add specific spellings of a word for a specific territory. Not just for me, but for everyone in the country.

I this case, the spelling "bye-law" is used in Ireland. Other countries use "by-law" or "bylaw"

There are examples of the spelling here: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2004/act/44/section/9/enacted/en/html#sec9 on the government's official website for legislation.

Additionally, it would be useful to add the official spellings of places in a given territory, e.g. https://www.logainm.ie/en/ has the official spellings of every placename in Ireland.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow user to split a window vertically as well as horizontally

SUGGESTION: Allow for the option of a vertical split pane on the VIEW tab of the ribbon. This would allow split panes to be arranged vertically side by side as well as horizontally.

PROBLEM: Word includes the option to split a document window, from the VIEW tab, so you can see different sections of the document at the same time in two panes. Unfortunately, the split is limited to a horizontal split pane with one pane above the other.

BACKGROUND: Why? Some would argue that you can have two full vertical windows for the same document tiled vertically so they…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create a desktop shortcut that opens online docs in the desktop app

This is currently only achievable by making a complicated shortcut of: <word-app-path> <shared-file-online-url>

Why can I not just create a shortcut on my desktop as if the file were on my computer? I don't want the shortcut to go online first unless I choose that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Search bar for IPAD “New document” to create

Enable search bar, on iPad to search new themes for New document, not just default theme ideas, they are great but would like the full experience like laptop office..
    I would like to create new document, but there is no search bar to enter my idea for themes like the laptop has. Please add this feature for tablet Office. Thank you Microsoft!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Kill Google

Kill google. google is a cancer to microsoft

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. @mention within excel to outside of organization

I would love to be able to @mention to outside of my organization. I support multiple clients and need their input on bookkeeping, AP and AR questions. Would love to be able to @mention and get their attention to the issues I am tagging.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Document Margins

Grant the ability to define document margins in mobile Word so users can make their own envelopes. This could potentially solve a host of other problems.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ENVELOPES!!!!!! How about about mobile Envelopes??? It is unconscionable that you would omit this feature in a WORD PROCESSING PROGRAM!

On your site, one of your Answerers made a statement about none of their software being compatible with the Mac or an iPad. Therefore, they didn't put the envelope feature in mobile Word. That's like saying, "I'm not a child; therefore, there should be no crayons in the world." Has the world really become that selfish???
    There are plenty of entrepreneurs who work solely from their iPads, who would make Word their only program IF it had the envelope feature.
    And what about all the creative people out there? With the iPad now being stylus capable, not having a good…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Track changes in office online server 2016/2019

We are planning to integrate with the office online server to edit/review office documents. However, we are not able to on/off track changes online and not able to see track changes online. Could you please let us know if this feature is currently available or any plans to add this feature in near future?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Assignments

We should be able to check all of our assignments instead of checking for a class indevidually

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base