Add an option to save to a flash drive directly from the program.
You could just save it to the drive directly from the program using the file tab instead of saving to the computer then from the computer to the drive, it would be much easier.
Wenjun Gong (MSFT Product Team) commented
Thanks for posting this idea. Do you mean download the online document to the flash drive? Not sure which browser you are using and following are the how-to for browser IE and Chrome.
If you are using IE:
1. In your Word Online document, go to File -> Save As tab, you can see the "Download a copy" command
2. Click the "Download a Copy" command, a pop up dialog will show up in the bottom of the browser.
3. Click chevron icon along with the "Save" button on dialog. Select "Save As" on the list to choose the destination folder as your flash drive. Then the copy will be downloaded to your flash copy directly.
If you are using Chrome, you will need to have some setting on the browser for download:
1. Go to the Chrome browser Settings, search for "Download"
2. In the download setting, checkmark the option for "Ask where to save each file before downloading"
3. Then go to your Word online document and click the download button. The browser will ask you to select the destination folder where you can choose your flash drive.
Hope this helps and please continue to post more ideas!